Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness Report

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

i've been informed that i did not in fact fall in a ditch...instead i had a wonderful weekend...

got our own mini bus coz we didnt wanna go on smelly dublin buses and i'm really glad too after hearing that it took some of yis over 3 hours...

anyway, got there, did the tent thing (ie i ran around like a loon eating jam tarts while me mates erected the tent)...bout half 11 went looking for the treatment things...queue wasnt going anywhere so we headed in to see turn...walked into the pit just as they came out on stage...me and me mate got the moshin started (go me!) although by the end of 'never needed you' some scum bag had emptied a can of dutchie over me head...smelt like dutchie the whole weekend!!!...thought turn were v good...as always...held there own!!! and whats this? they moved baretta from the end to the middle (must have been to get the crowd going)...

anyway, decided i'd head over to upstage to see the parkinsons followed by seafood followed by the electric soft parade but the damn place was closed!!! *shakes fist*

so instead i wandered around, bought some drink for some under age kids...hmmmm...

so then i headed back to the pit (where i would eventually stay til half 12)...saw jimmy eat world...thought they were good but not great...i really dont see what the big deal is about them...

the hives were up next...slipping n sliding and falling trying to mosh but the ground was so damn slippy...kept falling...still, they were pretty good...not as good as when they played in dublin castle bud good nonetheless...

sat down for a lot of the frames...though as always they were fantastic...and as always they made me cry...damn you frames!!!damn you!!!! debaser was class though i saw it coming....as soon as glen said 'lets have a bit of fun'...oh and glen jumpin in the mud was a festival highlight!!!!

green day were just amazing...i had no idea they were so entertaining (as in the pyros, the water gun, the confetti, he kids getting up on stage, the ppl in suits), oh and the music...love seeing a band where ya know every little bit of every song!!! Billy Joe is the KING!!!

Foo fighters were (i'm not american) awesome!!!! Having seen them the previous night i knew what i was in for and i wasnt dissappointed and there were no bouncers in the crowd this time to stop us having our fun!!!

i've waited 10 years to see the prodigy and the only disappointment was the lack of the older stuff...other than that they were fantastic!!!!

lost all me mates...headed for me tent...but the barriers we were right beside were moved....so i wandered around for a while til i bumped into someone that knew its general direction...

man, this is taking forever...

sunday, ate a brekkie roll that had the nicest rashers ever in it...maybe i was just real hungry...

was in treatment and saw berkeley playing...i'm more impressed ny this lot the more i hear from them and they're supporting turn next thursday so i'll get to see them again :)

wandered accross to upstage to see rival schools...went to see them on reputation alone and didnt think much of them...very very samey...

headed to the rising tent then and saw melaton, another band that have impressed a lot over the last while...redneck manifesto were next...enjoyed the music though didnt really watch, sat at the back of the tent...thought billie jean was great though....mundy was, as usual, fantastic though what was with his up tempo version of july??? and the bouncers soaking us??? not that i was complaining!!!

was heading back over to upstage then when no doubt kicked into 'different people' n i love that song so i listened to it then headed over to see less than jake....they were amazing...and the pit was the craziest pit i ever did see...the kids were going mental, flipping n all...chucking chunks of mud onstage n all...watching the band dodging the mud!!

after that headed over to see gomez....the crowd never really got going but they played a great set....and i figured out how to block the sun from burning my neck, by ccovering it....

headed into treatment and saw mundy perform the first 2 songs of his set there before i headed back over to upstage where i just got there and the dandy warhols were walking onstage...i think a lot of the crowd were expecting stuff like get off and bohemian...but they played a lot of their slower stuff...was glad to hear them play a few songs (i think i heard 5) from come down (love that album)...and then came the highlight of the whole witnness experience...a security guard crowd surfing!!! i couldnt believe my eyes!!! he was loving it too!!!!

ran the the cafe tent then to see hamell on trial...what a performer!!! was delighted to hear 'when bobby comes down' and 'choochtown' :)

and then for what may have been the performance of the weekend........

IDLEWILD rocked that domn soggy tent to its foundations!!!! they were amazing!!!!! and seeing the security just giving up and letting the crowd do what they please is a fantastic thing to see!!!!

so that was very long...apologies to all...bring on witnness 2003...although i have the little matter of leeds to attend before then (36 days and counting!!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

jaaysus...i knew it was long...didnt think it was that long though ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

sonic youth were deadly...........white cross and Kool thing as their encore sounded amazing./ and thurston moore has to be one of the greatsest guitarists alive....... AMAZING....

oh yeha and the beta band played the "house song" which was kool.....
    and security guards crowdsurfed at dandy warhols which was weird.
    and i creamed some guys in the mosh circle at the dandys which was nice........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it was just fantastic

what is with all the long posts?

Greenday were brill as were every one i saw.

........................Kurdt they were my jam tarts!
    :D :cool: ;)

Did anyone catch a bug while they were there?
    (one that makes u want to throw up)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

rapture queen i work up with a bug in my tent. i panicked and made my tent mates get it out
    but no, i didnt get sick, i was on antibiotics so i dont think it was possible for me to get any sicker!

actually a funny story, i must tell u about what i left in my tent and who found it, but ill save that for later remind me....*teehee*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ColmM

I have to agree with the people that said that it was very badly organised. The place was a mubath because the lorries and tractors used to get all the stages and tents up had ploughed the place up before any rain had fallen or any people had arrived on the site. A friend of mine was down there on Thursday and said it was a disgrace.
    However we didn't let a bit of muck spoil it. And we soon got over the fact that the Bluetones didn't turn up (Why could they have not been replaced by someone from the upstage? I was really looking forward to Gemma Hayes!). Jimmy Eat World confirmed to me that they are an overated shower of chancers. Thankfully I left the mainstage for the excellent Cornelius. Absolutely wonderful. The Hives were average, Sandra Bernhard was an embarrasement (Bonnie Tyler cover version to start off with?) but thankfully the Frames were superb. I can't believe that stuff like "Lay Me Down" actually worked on such a big setting. I saw Sonic Youth in the Olympia about 4 years ago and they were terribly dull but on Saturday they put on a show that would have been too much for bands half their age. Incredibly energetic and exciting. The new album is a big improvement too. Mercury Rev are quite simply the best live band in the world. Even my musical ignorant girlfriend thought they were brilliant. Air were good but unfortunately I was in the mood for something a little more loud so I had the misfortune of seeing the end of the Prodigy. Just retire lads...
    Sunday was much better. Starsailor were very good although maybe I was just happy the weather was nice. It was an absolute privalege to see The Coral in the cafe tent (who designed that stage? Such a place to have a stantion!). The Coral are going to be big unless the go the same way as Cast. Stood beside Gomez for the whole show and they thought they were brilliant too. No Doubt was ****e but I couldnt bear to watch when yer one climbed about 80 foot up in the air. BRMC were a bit disappointing. Primal Scream were very good but it was not the right set for a festival. Its a bit selfish when bands just play material that nobody has ever heard. That said it did sound bloody good.
    Ignoring Oasis I went back to Cafe to see the brilliant Hamell on Trial. Magic. Saw the last 6 or 7 songs from Oasis and fair play to them they sounded okay despite the dodgy sound.
    It has made me festival fit. Next stop the Leeds Festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i must say the lead singer of the hives sounded like such a wanker...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Jeez relax man, the Hives are only good because the singer is amazingly funny. He acts like some egomaniac, but lord, he's a really funny guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Frenzy

thedrowner:
    was anyone in camp site 8, and unable to sleep due to some wanker yelling "timmyyyyyyyyyyyy" every 2 minutes??????

SORRY DROWNER
    Yup i was in camp-site 8 :D
    With the lads from Tyrone.

I only said it a few times but it was some of my drunk friends who got a bit drunk and kept it going!! tut tut...
    How about thoses bast*ards with the stereo on all F*UCKING nite!!!!!!!!

The story behind timmy is that he was a Sheep Dog from achill island, And we were staying in a house next to him.
    One day he follows us to the shops which are 10 miles away.
    He chaces 2 sheep into the sea and it turned out they both died.

He was put down!!!! :(
    And his real name was Ugene!

Camp site 8 was so nice on sat morning, But that all ended when The stupid feicers mover the fence 50metres and didnt even tell anyone!!
    It took an hour to find it and then i went to go to the toilet and it took me another hour to find it again!

And those guys on the watch towers with the water hose!!!!! they thought they were so funny soaking us as we all walked back to our tents.....

Untill mud balls and half full cans of beer were flung at them!!!
    By far the high light of witnness........

oh and Mercury Rev, David Kitt and Damien Rice
    in the TV tent too!

Lisa Hanagan is a STONE FOX

Advertisement