Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN TA's (Asus and Eicon)

Options
  • 14-07-2002 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

I know there has been a lot of these thread in the past but I just want to know is the Asuscom Modem ISDN Card PCI
    Internal Retail from Komplett the Asus one everyone is talking about.
    2ndly is it worth the money getting the Eicon one. (im strapped for cash at the mo)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

In answer to your first question:
    Yes, it is.

Second, there is very little (if anything) to seperate the two performance-wise, I have the Eicon and I'm very pleased with it but if you are strapped for cash by the Asus, you won't regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

i'd recommend Eicon for compatibility and reliance. I had an asus for 2 years and yeah it was pretty reliable but totally ****edup on me when I upgraded OS's and eventually just blew up on me and never worked again (i've also heard of people who encountered the same problem after using it for a long time).

Either way though the asus is so cheap you can't really loose. But Eicon if you have the money. I think the asus has some issues with Windows XP so if you have that os you might want to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah ill think ill go for that then.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

no no no.. the only ppl that have complained about the asus are the one's that dont know what their doing :p

The asus kicks ass, and I cant wait to get my isdn back on wednesday so that I can kick it back into action and get rid of this $hitty 56k...

BTW, I'm an asus supporter. The name Eicon, reminds me to much of a certain telco which I will not name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

The Eicon T/A Runs like a dream, just the other day i was shocked to see my ping reach 19 on a full UK server.

DO NOT BUY AN EXTERNAL DEVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had one up until last week im not even going to go in to it.

p.s Anyone wanna buy an external t/a? :D j/k

Here is a screenie of what the Eicon can do for you

I didnt get a screen shot of that 19 ping, but this is what my ping generally hovers at on Jolt Servers using one channel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement