Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chieftec Dragon questiosn

Options
  • 14-07-2002 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭

OK i need to decide either to get a full or midi dragon.
    I've seen the midi one and its only a bit bigger than the one i have at the moment.

I have
    • DVD drive
    • CD-Writer
    • between 2 and 4 hard disks at anyone time
    • Soyo Sigma Box (3.5")
    • Floppy drive

And i'm also hoping to get a VFD/LCD or a digital fan control sometime.

I also hope to go watercooling in the near future.

At the moment i got

ATX-9001

DIMENSION:
    495x225x438mm(L x W x H)
    DRIVERS SPACE:
    5.25"x8(5)
    3.5"x1(4)

9001.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I have a Chieftec Midi Dragon on the way to me once its back in stock with komplett...
    Here is some info from Peats on the midi dragon:
    • 4 x 5 1/4 inch drive bays
    • 2 x 3 1/2 inch drive bays
    • Extra fan cages - 2 extra on rear, 1 extra on front, 1 extra on HDD cage
    • 4 sets drive rail kits

and so on...

And now is some info from Peats on the full tower dragon:
    • 7 x 5 1/4 Inch Bays
    • 2 x 3 1/2 inch drive bays
    • 6 Extra Fan Placements (fans not included)
    • 4 sets drive rail kits

Anywhy.. I found you can get them cheaper at komplett.ie but they dont have im in stock at the moment (Thats why i dont have my case yet :rolleyes: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I got a full tower dragon a few months ago.. lovely case... Still loads of room inside even with all my drives in

3 hard drives
    1 dvd ram
    1 cd/rw
    1 floppy drive

All I need to do now is get a few more fans...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

All i need to do now is just get the cash and im sorted.
    Suddenly a server case is too small.

Just some info on the Midi Dragon at komplett. From the emails I have got from them it sould be in stock by the 17th:
    1.00 Pcs 108590 Chieftec Dragon MidiTower, w/Door, Black
    Case w/340W, DX-01B-D, P4/AMD, (UK)
    Delivery Date: 2002-07-17
    Subtotal: EUR 106.92 ex. VAT, EUR 129.37 inc. VAT

If i dont get my parts by the 20th im gonna email em and not be happy. :D

Hope i can get a trade account and get some vat off then i can get a Eicon Diva instead of an Asus. Dunno why but i'd rather get an Eicon cause more ppl have em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I've got that exact chieftec case (from Komplett). It's the most sweet-ass case I've ever had. Very sturdy, super quality, lots of nice little extras. More screws included than you'll ever need. Keys to lock the front door, and the side panel. Side panel has a little door handle thing so the side opens really really easily. Thumbscrews on the back. Lots of fan brackets and drive bay rails.

Course it's a shame I now have to go and mod it to bits ;)

They seem to by very popular as they sell out pritty quick at komplett.... just one question.
    1 Pcs 108590 Chieftec Dragon MidiTower, w/Door, Black
    Case w/340W, DX-01B-D, P4/AMD, (UK) (5)
    2002-07-09
    2002-07-16

1 Pcs 112008 Chieftec Dragon Medium Tower m/dør Sort
    Kabinett m/360W DX-01B-D P4 / AMD (7)
    2002-07-09
    2002-07-17

Now... this is my order form from komplett... the first one is the case but what is the other one the "dør Sort"? If i get two cases ill flog the 2nd one to ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

That's Norwegian...

AFAIK they ship the case and power cable seperately. Stupid as it sounds, it's because the cases come with the Euro power supply, and for the UK/Ireland they have to add the UK power supply seperately, so it'll come in a little box.

As long as yer invoice on the site says 129 euros or whatever, then it's the one case. I got a bit confused too, with the way they marked it there, as I wasn't expecting the cable to be sent seperately.

This is highly confuggleing. Now does this mean that ill get the case and a 340watt PSU... and norway get a 360watt psu?

Do i have to remove the one in there and add the other one? oh my god the question... hopefully ill get it quickly though :D

Originally posted by Winters
    Just some info on the Midi Dragon at komplett. From the emails I have got from them it sould be in stock by the 17th:

If i dont get my parts by the 20th im gonna email em and not be happy. :D

Got an email from Komplett about the full tower today and they said it will be in towards the end of the week.
    I assume your case will be too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

im still waiting for komplett to re-stock the Chieftec MidiTower Case (black).
    1 Pcs 108590 Chieftec Dragon MidiTower, w/Door, Black
    Case w/340W, DX-01B-D, P4/AMD, (UK) (1)
    2002-07-18
    2002-07-20

1 Pcs 112008 Chieftec Dragon Medium Tower m/dør Sort
    Kabinett m/360W DX-01B-D P4 / AMD (3)
    2002-07-18
    2002-08-01
    does the date in bold mean that they are expecting to have them in stock on the 1st of august?

why dont they cheapen the yellow/green/blue cases to sell them off? i was gonna go with the colour co-ordination with the case, monitor, keyboard etc. but i can settle for a blue or even yellow one for the crazyness factor. and, oh yeah, how come there's no red cases anywhere?

adnans

I have my Chieftec MidiDragon beside me networked to my currant PC...

It is possibly the best case ive seen and has lots of great stuff... Such as being able to remove the HHD and Floppy metal box yolks... I love my new case :D:D

Hmm maybe they have em in :D

Just ordered my Black Dragon Full Tower and got the bag for it too.
    Also cheaper than it was a couple of days ago. :p:D:D:D

Advertisement