Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turn Gig 27th July

Options
  • 14-07-2002 5:19pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just to prove finally to everyone that Meath is the coolest place ever (even though everyone tried to claim Fairyhouse is in Co. Dublin...how did they work that one out?).....

Turn will be playing in the Show Hall (!) in Oldcastle (!!) in Meath on the 27th July with the Undertones supporting (you can't go wrong there, can you?) (well, you can, if you take a wrong turn outside Kells and end up in Dundalk)

And Mundy and Relish will be playing on the 26th.

So me and my car (which passed its NCT despite blue reverse lights and orange brake lights) will be taking a wee trip up to that.

Woo hoo, as they say.

Anyone need a lift?!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

hmmmm.....interesting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

i've been lurking round here for ages, but was moved to post by the (very true) statement that meath is, in fact, the dogs bollocks! cheers for the info, might just drag myself alone! where can i get tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Dob77

Substitiue "a load of" for "dogs"

And Turn are boring, boring, boring....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Tickets are available from Ticketmaster or most record shops in Navan or Kells, should you be unlucky enough to find yourself there. The name of the gig is the Le Chéile festival, in Oldcastle, tickets are a monstrous 20 Europes so hammers over piggy banks. Turn are also doing a signing in Element Records on Kennedy Road in Navan on the 27th during the day.

Doors open for the gig at the ungodly hour of 10.15 PM (that's right. PM.) so god only knows what time the whole thing will end at.

Shocking. Rock and Roll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

dunno, i might just go see them on thurs in the music centre. much easier than oldcastle.....but no undertones......hmm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭metalish

I'm already going to see Turn in the Music Centre this thursday. And just to let you know for all you under 18's you can go to it too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'm also hauling myself along on the 25th, to make up for the three hours I spent watching my petrol gauge drop on the dual carriageway while Turn were onstage at Witnness.

Unfortunately, I can't offer a lift to those of you with no way of getting to Oldcastle, I'm not heading back to Dublin until the next day.

Advertisement