Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painfully Spicy Food

2»

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Jaden
    Incidently, The only place on this island I've ever seen Insanity sauce sold in Tesco's in Derry. I have a full bottle purchased not 3 weeks ago.

This stuff is not for beginners.

It rates at about 500,000 schovilles. (For comparison Tabasco is 10). Chillie found is about training. The next time you're eating beans on toast, put one drop of Insanity sauce in them. Do that few few times, then move up to 2 drops and so on. When you get to 5 or 6, you can eat anything hot.

Scots Bonnet Chillies I found are even hotter than some jalpeno peppers I've eaten. Again, Tescos do them from time to time. I prefer their taste, it's more "earthy".

Scots Bonnets should be handled with care. They are not for messin about with unless you like throwing out food and calling the pizza place :)

I've never seen Insanity over here but a drop or two will certainly spice up any meal! if you can eat beans on toast with 6 drops, you not only can eat anything, you are also probably technically dead!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

Originally posted by mayhem#
    http://www.hot-headz.com/
    Try the stuff they have here. I've got a bottle of there "Who dares Burns" sauce that has passed through 4 kitchens before someone gave it to me.
    "Aaah sure, give it to him, he's into that spicy food"....
    I've been known to eat large quantities of extremely spice food, but this stuff is even to hot for me! One drop on a plate of chile will seriously **** up your tastebuds!!

hot-headz rocks! thanx for the link man

Advertisement