Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win 2k dun help needed!

Options
  • 14-07-2002 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭

When I try to connect to my isp (iol) I cannot connect to anysite/connect to a mirc server etc. I can however ping sites. This has led me to believe it maybe some dns problem. I got the dns ip's for iol from there tech help people. Tried to dial in no luck, connect fine but cant connect to any sites. Uninstalled tcp/ip, reinstalled it and attempted to try again, got online as before but the same hassle.

This has me stumped, ive connected using my bros pc and it can connect fine to iol so its not iol's fault.....

Help required fairly urgently :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

try different isp.

try dns server 194.125.133.11

Put dns into your dial up account, not lan

go into a command prompt 'ping www.google.com'
    if you can ping FQDN in msdos, it might be IE problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Ive tried it with diff isp's (oceanfree) ill try that dns ip later maybe itll do the trick. Im able to ping sites Ando theres no problem there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

repair internet explorer in add/ remove programs.
    Then set up a new connection to IOL and you juts enter the number and login ,
    it should work with a fresh set of default options.
    Have you tweaked your connection?????
    I did b4 and it was fine no problems then i got the exact same thing you did i had to set up a new connection and repair interent explorer to defaul settings.

Kdja

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭ando

yep, I think its an IE problem. I had a user with a laptop with the exact same problem. Netscape worked fine, but IE just would not visit any sites

Advertisement