Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

de_phobia

• 14-07-2002 7:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

phobia1.jpg
    phobia2.jpg
    phobia3.jpg
    phobia4.jpg

Eat that. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Looks nice. How big is the map?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

At teh moment it is smaller than cs_assault, but thats because I've only done one bomb site, and a small bit more.

When It's finished tho, It should be around the same size as de_prodigy

I don't know if many people saw this thread, because of all the new ones :D

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Not as attractive as it's sister, cs_complex, but it has some (overly)bendy roads and hills which is nice... I'd say it'll be a good map for a skirmish at the LAN - Goe Drakey!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Drake, what map editor do you use?

If you use Worldcraft/Hammer, do you use the vertex tool at all? I use it from time to time as its nearly impossible to do some stuff with clipping, but i'm getting extremely pissed off with it now. Half the time when i use it 1 of 2 things happen:

a) the brushes arent compiled the way they should be, for example i make a curvy arch out of a few brushes, and 1 of them ends up sticking out a few miles for no reason

or

b) the brushes dont show at all, basically its like there is a leak in the map (you see a space where all you can see is what you just looked at previously), even though you can still walk around on the brush etc it doesnt show (sometimes it does, but only from certain angles).

Its totally constricting the development of my maps and its fkin annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i dunno but is the numbers on the truck backwards?

yeh, thre truck is backwards ;) I'll fix that.

Yeh kaids, i use the vertex tool in Valve Hammer an awful lot. It's almost inpossible to make a decent looking map without it :D The cliff in pic 4 were done using triangles, made from using vertex tool...

Those errors you are describing sound like vis errors, try hitting ALT+P when the map is open. It should bring up a list of errors, if there is any.. which there should judging from their descriptions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

That maps looks cool. I perpetually wonder what a q3 map made by you would look like...

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

It'd have at least once vehicle in it, and be as lumpy as poorly made porridge ;):D

The majority of maps I've made are completely flat - The only reason being that it takes an eternity for me to compile a miniscule map, and it'd take even longer to compile a collection of hills, bumpy roads and the likes...

My latest map, de_muse, is rather smallish at present (Been working on it for 3 days) yet it takes a considerably large ammount of time to compile (Then again, there are a lot of func_walls and pillars in it).

I think there are, currently, six rooms and an outdoor area, and it took over three quarters of an hour to fully compile and play test. I get extremely frustrated at little things like this, and it's the main reason im not as big into mapping as I used to be.

Enough of that - Keep it up Drake - The ammount of bumps in that map shows how much patience you have :D

Heh, it isn't a museum by any chance is it Rope? I was working on a map there for a few days and it sort of morphed into a museum, I've stopped work on it now though as i don't like the look of it (plus the buggy HL engine is screwing me around).

• Advertisement

Well I like to think of it as a museum, yet it's current contents merely include a few weirdly coloured rocks placed within dull looking glass cases, a various collection of paintings and pictures (Of lovely females to distract the younger audience when they play-test the map, if I get around to finishing it) and a water room, alongside a rather bland outside area (Very flat).

I'll try and get some more, erm, plush objects into it before I'll dare call it an actual museum :D

I like the look of those vases and pots that came with de_chateau and de_piransi... If I spent a little more time with WC I'd figure out how to map a half decent object along those lines and scatter them around my map also...

Do you have any pics of your museum by any chance!?
    You might be able to give me a little influence / ideas towards completing my 0.07% complete map!

museum1c.jpg

museum1e.jpg

Just looking at it now, the whole thing reminds me of a toilet

Funnily enough your so called 'toilet' has given me quite a few ideas :D
    It's not that bad looking actually!
    Would you not consider working on it, assuming that dustwars is completed and you have mapping time on your hands? :):D

(Ignore me, I have a fetish for Irish made maps!)

I'll put it in cold storage :P

Starting to work on a much darker, murkier map.

ARGH!

The last attempt at a murky map by myself was for the VAR Mod, a sort of decimated sewer system beneath some sort of demented corpse burning factory...

Of course, it flopped after ten minutes mapping, but hey...
    I, personally, only like to map almost pitch black maps (Or at least ones that require NVG / Torch, seeing as hardly any maps these days require them anymore)
    If your going to make a dark and murky map, then make it just a TINY bit darker and murkier than you first intended to... Please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭PyjamaMan

if ya want rope, ill compile a few maps for ya, ive a fast wee machine here and cn compile huge buggers of maps in under 5 mintues. :)

Thanks for the Offer PJMan, but thats an option I wont be able to utilise.

Firstly, any map I make has a collection of various textures, usually selected from a various collection of .wads, meaning that I would, not only have to send you the .rmf, but the custom wad (Which is hard to do when you have no net conn, or a burner)

Then again, it's not like I ever complete any of my maps anyway...

/me rapes Drake's thread my posting my own map pics

oops, that wasnt me, it was kaids ;)

rope asked for them.

• Advertisement

yeh, no probs... I didnt really care, hence the ;)

Advertisement