Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can i shoot guns in america?

• 14-07-2002 9:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

The titles says it all...

I am going to america in a few weeks and i would like to go and shoot some guns. does anyone know if there are any states that do/don't allow people to do this. I would be talking about a shooting range type of thing i suppose.

Has anyone done this before, got any tips, or stuff that i should try out.

I am going to the chicago area and i might be traveling in a car around the area-surrounding states might be made.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

How about an American High School......

Thin out the numbers....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

i mean legally shoot guns.

like i pay money, get a gun, a few rounds, i go and shoot some paper targets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Well I have been on a shooting range in Arizona and Florida. I'm not sure of the laws in Illinois or the surrounding states, but i'm sure they're will be some gun ranges. You have to be over 18 or accompanied by a person over 18 and have 1 or 2 forms of ID. They have a selection of guns to rent ranging from handguns to AK47's but they give you special training for those. I really enjoyed both times that i went, and you get to keep the targets as a souvenier, which look pretty cool. The best way of finding a range is in the yellow pages when you're over there. Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Well I suppose its all good pratice for the real thing.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Ah, ... my "high-school" days are behind me so I've hidden the black macintosh away and given up on the idea of slaughtering them all .... for the moment!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

maybe something at http://www.nra.org/ ?

thanks for the replies and keep them comming guys.

I was at the nra site last night Hobbes but unfortunatly i am too lazy to look through all the crap there. I was hoping to get other peoples, like Dave's, experiences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If you were going to Texas you could buy a smapp patch of land and sit there after sundown waiting for someone to trespass.

I don't know about the Chicago area but I have heard of places in the States where they'll even let you fire mortars and other heavier weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

could always go to da ghetto, pay some homies to take ya on a trip round da hood, giv'em some dolla bills, even go as far as diss some fly girls then see what happens, may even get a modern day wild west shoot out - ghetto style, and give a big shout out to their brothers, peeps, dealers, g man and Word to their motha's not motha fLlckas but mothas.

bling bling bling

caesar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Went shooting a couple of times in a range in Atlanta. Cost about 40 squids each, three of us went so we all picked a different gun and switched about. Colt 45 special owns.

They advertise in all the phone books over there anyway so there should be no trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You probably won't find many ranges inside the city. I think the city council in Chicago got a bit peed off with them at one stage. You might still find indoor ranges though.

well i an in america and it seems that firearms are sort of illegal in the state of illinois.

one of my mates who is out here says that he already tried to do the gun club thing but he couldn't do it. it seems that in this state things have been tightened up a bit and made that little bit more difficult for me.

it seems that i will have to leave this state and go to michigan to persue this goal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

My cousin came back from america a while ago.He went to a shooting range i cant remember where he was but he said he used a .44 cal magnum and it nearlly took his arm off so id avise you to try out one. good luck.

COMBATCOW >:^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

For some reason i can pictire bullman travelling around the US searching for a place to fire guns while the feds chase him cos of his expired visa :D:D

hope ya find a place m8

Advertisement