Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fatboy slim

• 14-07-2002 10:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

Went down to Brighton last night for the Fatboy Slim gig. After spending 3 hours in traffic on the motorway (which was quite a laugh passing joints between cars). finally got there bout 7ish and had to park an hour from the beach!! Made way down to the beach to be confronted by utter chaos they place was complete bedlam drunk people fu(king everywhere. Apparently they expected about 60,000 people by the time I got there there was double that!!

Anyway could not get near the beach was crammed everywhere there was people up lamposts, all the portaloo's turned into biewing points anything that could get a view of the beach there was someone on it.

Fatboy slim cam on about 9ish after endless warnings about crushing and played a blinding set but the only time me and the missus seen him was on tv when we got home!!!

Top gig all round except bad organisation and the fact the onlyu expected half the people on the hottest day of the year so far (i got burnt to fu(k).

Well my two cents next up we are off the the V festival

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/entertainment/music/newsid_2127000/2127259.stm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

twas on the news this evening.
    apparently 250,000 people turned up, and they had to use the main spotlights along the shore to watch for ppl in trouble in the sea.

although why in gods name that many people would go to see fatboy slim is beyond me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

what struck me was how well behaved the crowd was even when queing for non existant trains people were like "ah well thats a pity" make a hell of a difference to last summers sandstorm/the so solid gigs and the cancellation of leeds love parade last year.

Advertisement