Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3d face mapping free

• 14-07-2002 10:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

I seen this web page on .TV (DOT TV)when it was on SKY ages ago.
    It did free mapping of a face to be inserted into a game.
    Anyone know of this website it was about a yr ago maybe longer and i cant remember the name.

wow 2 posts in one day :)

thx
    kdja

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

does operation flashpoint allow this feature too. I'm not sure if it is the same thing as what you are talking about. I think that you are able to upload a image for your soldier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I can't say I've ever heard of this. It sems do-able in OpFlash, but I wouldn't have any idea of how to do it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

you can add them to any game if you have a 3d face ,save it as TGA and make a skin
    MOhaa/RTCW./op flash.
    I have done this but not with my face,its really easy once you ahve the TGA file that is .

you can obviuously see what i want to do with my own face mapped ;)

Kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

iirc this was first introduced with quake3 - i remember seeing on some games program, some wan playing q3 with a model/skin and face looking like her in the game - she sucked and was getting owned :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 manic1

you can make a 3d model of your face using digi mask
    dont know the adress search 4 it in google it takes a pic of you from 3 angles and sends it off and it gets returned in the shape of a 3d model for you to download and then there is soft ware to place it in quake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Yes, I got this done myself at a CPL some time ago. Its a fun novelty to see yourself running around in Q3 :)

You get a disk with the face in several formats, it can be ported into 3d studio max etc.

thats what im looking for i think,
    I rememeber the word "free" and i dont think it was that complex ,on the website it said send them a pic and they would do it.
    Had a look at that digi mask ,thatr might do the trick
    thx

kdja

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Oh Thrax you Da man :)

Kdja

Yeah vote for me to be a moderator on the game ed boards! We are currently being moderated by CS mappers only! This dictatorship must end now!

• Advertisement

Not being an ass or anything but tbh it is very much Cs/HL orientated .
    Not a Game Editing board more a CS/HL editing board.
    When i 1st seen this board i was like YIPPEE till i read the last 50 posts :(
    Up to us to show what we can do with a far more powerful graphics engine :)*

*Rushes to get pic of my map ready :)

Kdja

Viva la quake

Viva la Quake 3 Engine :)

Kdja

Oh yeah sorry, I was being a bit narrow there. The Quake 3 engine is so widespread now.

Did u know that the HL engine is actually based upon quake 1 code? They started development before Quake 2 came out and when it did they held back the game to modify their engine and incorporate some of the features of the q2 engine. That is why so many of the console commands in HL are so similar to the ones in Quake 1

That i did not know.

But the Q3 engine is class, some of things that can be done with it is amazing.
    I made a cliff and a sky box that wouldnt look out of place in a photo (used terragen for skybox) and in game they look great :)

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

The Q3 engine is old at this stage. With the likes of Unreal 2 and the Doom 3 engine on thier way modders alike will be having wet dreams about what they can do ;)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by ThrAx
    Yeah vote for me to be a moderator on the game ed boards! We are currently being moderated by CS mappers only! This dictatorship must end now!

Wrong.
    You are currently being moderated by a CS / HL / TFC / Unreal / Starcraft / Warcraft / Kingpin mapper, C Basic Programmer (A little rusty at this stage - Oh the days of the Spectrum and Commodore) and a Flash / Site maker... Do you think I'd have the patience to map for CS only?

Not sure about our other mod though... /me eyes up Drake.

And yes, when I was assigned moderator this place was mainly used for the discussion of TFC / CS / HL mapping, simply because no one out there even knew of the existance of other mapping tools / programmes - I changed this is any way I could, and generated slight interest in this board, and feel it is doing rather well considering it's boring past...

And yes, like Dazzer said - Having seen the general outlook of Doom 3 I can say that I am gagging to get my grubby mitts on that bloody thing and map till the cows come home...
    This Board will expand it's horizons if people talked more about other subjects, and those subjects will arise once new games are released that are actually generous enough to donate mapping tools so that us mapper types have more things to do around here.

Advertisement