Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cradle of Philth

Options
  • 14-07-2002 10:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

I was just wonderine if I was the only one who developed a deep love of Cradle of Filth after CTYI? Thank you Dalamar for letting me listen to Midian. And for leaving it in hugh's computer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

not so much developed as strengthened... but yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

yeah, i knew them, and was partial to Her Ghost In The Fog before that, but now I'm gonna buy Midian cause it rules. I wanna buy a t-shirt, but it's very hard to find one that won't get me arrested.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Cradle of Filth would be infinitely preferable if they got rid of that high pitched squealing dwarf Dani Filth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I've heard alot about Cradle of Filth...and I've only heard a little of their material...very interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Two thousand fattened years like maniacs have despoiled our common grave, now what necrophagous second coming back from the cradle to enslave!

I like them. Less now then before, but i've been experimenting with a lot of stuff lately so my tastes have been shifting a lot.

DANI IS SEX ON A STICK YOU BITCH! <and i mean that in terms of ability and looks> ... and he's not really that high pitched <duh>. it's helium and studio effects.

Someone buy me Cradle Of Fear! www.cradleoffear.com PLEASE!

• Advertisement

of course.....
    But seriously, if the 50-odd pictures i've seen of him are real, the guys in constant orgasm.

band6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

yes, indeed they are good, there isn't a song by them i hate, only mildly dislike.

Gimme back my cd bitch!

anyway.......i'm listening to them now, cause they're the only thing as mp3 on my windows hard drive.

Right now i'm listening to gong! HA! But yeah... gore an' all is fun, but flowery hippy stuff is so much better!

Hehehehehehe... "Trust me, I'm a junkie"

Flying Teapot is just bizarre, Sven.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭fisifan01

people who listen to cradle are cynics who believe that its the only alternative to commercial rock. well if you want non commercial rock n roll listen to Rival skools AFI or lost prophets!
    listening to idiots who sing about riding dead cats and worshipping satin is hardly rock n roll!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

that's really f*cking closed minded. have you ever thought of the chance people like them cos of their music, rather than their image??

yeah, I dont wear trenchcoats, or wear spiky stuff, and i listen to them. I listen to all kinds of stuff, Rory gallahger, th eprodigy, jamiroquai,slayer, incubus....

so your statement is completely dumbfounded. And AFI are punk anyway.

Man! I love COF and I am NOT a black metaller. Personally I love how they sound so... orchestral... so... theatrical... its' such an amazing world of sound <albeit a frightening and evil one> that i can't help enjoy it. I love music that creates a new landscape, and COF create said landscape.

BUT! I prefer Gong! And various other fun bands. And believe me, gong are NOT like COF.

BTW, all the bands you listed are commercial sell out pop-punk sh1t pieces. The fact that they suck so hard <i know i'm gonna get it, but i don't like lost prophets> that they can't make it big, doesn't mean they're any better than all the crap that does. And similarly the fact that... U2 or radiohead are big doesn't mean they suck <c'mon bitches! JUST SAY THEY DO! I HAVE AN IAN AND I KNOW HOW TO USE HIM!>.

That be all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

Lost prophets are utter ****. go listen to Sick Of It all. they [lost prophets] are utter ****e.

Advertisement