Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From computer to VHS?

• 14-07-2002 11:13pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, heres what I want to be able to do.
    Its quite simple
    I want to be able to play stuff, such divx's and the likes on my computer, and be able to record them onto a vhs tape so it can be played in houses and such, anyone know if tis possible to do this with a simple recent vhr tape player or what I need to do it?
    thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

graphics card with tv out and plug it into a VHS video,
    And record.
    Kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

any graphics card with tv-out should be able to do this quite easily id assume?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ahh too late.. thats what i get for writing essays in other posts at the same time hehe :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Dam, no tv out :(
    Didn't occur to me either,
    thanks ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

Wont work - you need some software to disable the "Macro Vision". This disables the process of recording to tape - all you get is a black screen and the audio afaik, cause it would be too easy to pirate

not tryed to record my self but Tv Tool among others will do this
    also google ;)

[edit]
    just mention that i would recomend this software to *anyone* with a tv-out feature that they use - this shood be bundeled with every new graphics card, has tons of features apart from the macro vision

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I thought macrovision only applied to DVD's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I do this all the time.. you dont need anything to dissable Macrovision unless you are recording a DVD to video.. for that i use remote selector... In cunjunction with my DXR3 decoder card.. sorted!! the video quality is better than an official video bought in a store!!!

But since he mainly wants to do Divx then all he needs is a tvout option and not a macrovision dissable utility!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Does the same apply to connecting your VCR to your TV-out and copying from the VCR to the PC.

Saruman I would love to hear how you record DVD's onto Video.

StrataGIST - have you a link for this TV Tool software.

I recently bought a PC with TV-out and wouyld love to start using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

TV Out means just that - it only outputs video, you can't capture video through it. To do that (properly) you would need a capture card. It can be done (with lower quality) using a cheap TV tuner card, as they generally have co-ax and rca inputs.

I use my cheapo hauppauge win tv go to capture music videos off the music channels on sky digital. Using any resultion higher than 384x[something] the quality is woeful, but at that resolution and lower its just fine.

Advertisement