Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(CS related) Oh no! not another....

• 14-07-2002 11:17pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

dust map! if i had some decent textures i'd do something else (love city/indoor/urban mapwork).. any suggestions where to get them ?

2 reasons for my post, i've basically finished my CS map, and i have a problem.

The problem: I can't figure out how to do a decent map overview for HLTV. Spent ages tonight, couldn't do it. Read a tutorial which was no use at all. Anyone able to help me out here? Extremely sick and tired of trying to do the stupid yoke now.

The map: I've all but finished my map (creatively named de_dustwar as its yet another dust based map which i designed with clan matches in mind), and i'm basically ready to release it. Done a few playtests on the dNC server and its been greeted pretty well. None of the pics i took were particularily flattering, so i'll keep them to a minimum.

dustwar1.jpg

dustwar2.jpg

dustwar3.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

download?

And I've never bothered with the HLTV thing, don't know how to do it, and the map still runs with out it :D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

not put it up anywhere yet, don't want to until ive got the map sorted

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Im actually very very happy at the ammount of new maps being made these days - especially from the Irish Community.

Looks like it could be quite a good bit of fun, Kaids.
    When it comes to HLTV overviews Im absolutely stumped, mainly because I never bother with them, or HLTV itself.
    Sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I wish meat would post his l33t quake 1 map. Nobody else seems to be posting anything quake related and this is a disapointment.

Despite richards (meat) strangeness he actually came up with a good singleplayer quake 1 map a few weeks ago but he wouldnt post any screenshots of it up here due to fear of mockery etc.

Oh yeah. Cool map kaids. Keep up the good work.

As soon as i get hosting on fortress.ie i'll release it, i've given up on the overview map.

• Advertisement

okay, the map has no overview and there is a small bug but i'm sick of working on the map so i'm throwing it out there :)

tis found at http://www.fortress.ie/kaids/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

downloading...

will replky with comments/screenies of things i find :D

nice site btw.. simple, yet effective :D

Advertisement