Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Classifieds: For Sale - PEOPLE USING TOPICS FOR MEANINGLESS DISCUSSION

• 15-07-2002 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Important Message for the Administrators of this message board

Regarding Board: Classifieds; For Sale

Re: Message entitled: DVD: Artificial Intelligence 2 Disc Set €15

Earlier today, I posted a message on this message board attempting to sell a DVD.

Tonight, I discovered 7 replies to my message. Not ONE of those messages was someone requesting any information about the DVD, or wishing to buy the DVD from me.

Each and every message was someone expressing their feelings towards the way I expressed the contents of my message, and not to actually make me on offer.

I am annoyed that I was initially lead to believe that I had been made 7 offers for the DVD, only to find users of these boards using my topic to discuss the rules of this message board.

I feel that this is NOT a discussion-board - it is a place for people to buy and sell items. Therefore, I request that you ban users for a certain amount of time who do not post constructive messages relating to the purchase or selling of an item, because otherwise the message board is clogged up with messages and users that are a waste of space, a waste of time, and very annoying to other users who intend to use these boards the way they are intended to be used.

Thanks for reading this. Please take what I have said into consideration, before people are completely turned off the idea of using these boards to buy and sell items.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Having read both of your threads over on the For Sale board, the only thing I can see wrong here is a little bit of confusion, and some over-reaction on your part.

The For Sale board works like any other on boards.ie, people are free to reply, with whatever they like, normally offers, but sometimes criticism, good and bad. It helps others decide whether to buy or not.

If any one person goes nuts with spammage, anywhere on boards, then they get slapped.

What happened there was someone thought you were a commercial seller who wanted to shift a couple of hundred copies on boards, which we don't allow.

Relax.

I hope you sell your DVD.

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

OMG! KAL TEH POLIECE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I have to hold my hand up as one of the people who posted to the thread. Not that that's much of a declaration as the thread os obviously still there. What appears to have happened is that one poster (yankinlk) honestly thought it was a dealer post or similar. What followed was people actually defending the guy selling, including people even saying that while it wasn't for them, it was a bloody good offer. And a few interested parties (yankinlk seemed to be among them). Though I can't necessarily see how it would, my apologies on my own behalf, if my post annoyed you, DUBLINER_MAN.

No-one actually said anything like "hey - you're ripping people off" - just the opposite as it happens.

In any case, there's at least one solid offer there now. Selling stuff on boards often seems to be a heart-stabbing experience. Compared to many former sales, this one was warm and fuzzy.

btw the only reason there was no request for info among the replies (I'm guessing) was that even among those interested, you'd handily provided all the relevant information (as I mentioned in my post)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Oh, get over yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DUBLINER_MAN

To all the Administrators and Moderators who replied, thanks - you're replies were a light relief after having to interact with some of your users, and they were very helpful. Thanks again.

Unfortunately, I've expressed my opinions about your users on the For Sale message board, and I stick to everything I have said that message which I posted in the last 10 minutes. There will be alot of replies to it, I'm sure, and they won't be happy users. They'll be replies from users pretending that they don't care what I think; trying to appear calm and relaxed and so on.

I'm sorry I have to feel the way I do, and I know that I'm not going to be an in-anyway significant loss, but I really was hoping to sell alot of stuff here, and I will not be doing so now, and I will NOT be recommending these boards to alot of people who are trying to sell stuff who I was going to recommend them to. I think you need to get tougher rules to put a stop to your boards being used for meaningless discussion (like I'm doing now!). But sure hey - it's bringing in the users in their dozens. It's the TYPE of people they are that I'd be worried about.

Well anyway it's not my problem and now I'm off!

One last suggestion though: re-name the For Sale message board Meaningless Discussion That Will Piss Off People Who Actually Want To Use This Board For What It Is Intended To Be Used For. It would make much more sense.

C ye ;)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

...for me, it was just another tuesday...

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

Its monday dev

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

lol Regi :)

*sigh* What an uptight, gimpish ladyboy dubliner_man was...now that he's gone forever, what will us boards users do with our meaningless opinions?

...and I used to like A.I.

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

what, you mean he's gone and here's me with 2 cents to give.....:(

anyway Luc, I heard that you do in fact like ladyboys!!! aswell as A.I

lol, I nearly rotflmao :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

I think you should ban meaningless discussion. In fairness, where do you think we are, an internet based message board or something!

lol Ph3n0m,

Not so much 'like', more 'admire' their brass balls...from a distance of no less than 40 megametres.

this 'ass-holeier than thou' thing as got to stop :)

Lucutus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Anyone see Star Trek last night on sky1? Classic episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Originally posted by DeVore
    ...for me, it was just another tuesday...

DeV.

Ahhh flashback! Bad memories of Street Fighter - The Movie!:eek:

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by bubbles
    Anyone see Star Trek last night on sky1? Classic episode.

Ye Bubbles, Yesterdays Enterprise, IMHO the best Star Trek episode ever. And the first part of All Good Things was on this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Actually I have an affinity towards cake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

And you thought I could be touchy! :eek:

/me backs away slowly

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah sorry about that puck, the only thing to come out of an otherwise pretty terrible movie.

And while were on the subject can any recommend a good webcam?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

DeVore, you should not even consider prancing infront of a web cam (although rumours have it Luc does it naked........:eek: ).

Boards.ie has a good reputation, do we really need to see our Mods naked, with the exception of amp, who has been rumoured to flash the flesh without warning*

*not an actual warning, just mindless drivel from yours truely (must be the remains of being a rondomondo-ite)...lol

Advertisement