Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane!!Who is going?

• 15-07-2002 3:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Is many people going to Slane this year?I am thinkning bout going but the line up is not the greatest well not compared to last year!!

Whats Slane compared to witness as I was at witness last year and thought it was excellent?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

Dont go to slane if you dont like the lineup as thats all there is to it. Really no point going to a field with expensive and limited drink and food unless you love the bands. go to Reading in England instead if you can afford it (get 3 day tickets and you can camp)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

No *WAY*!
    Doves are the only decent band and I suspect they might play a stand alone gig around the time anyway. Slane is a rip off, the past two years have been ****, it's just MCD exploting people again.
    Go to Reading/Leeds, it might cost more but it's more of an adventure and great fun compared to Slane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

|I was gonna go just to see The Doves, but if they're playing a stand alone gig of their own around the same time, i'll be heading to that insted - will be way cheaper too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Slane vs Witnness
    Crewe vs Man Utd
    B/W TV vs Colour TV
    Lada vs Ferrari
    Travis vs Metallica
    Get my drift?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

yeah, whats the story on reading/leeds? When is it on and how much are the tickets..the ones that are left. Who's playing? How many days? Definately thinking of going..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I'm going to Slane for sure cos I missed Wittness. If you go with the right group of people and the weathers decent you're going to have a class day no matter what. The line-up isn't that bad, I like Stereophonics and who knows what kind of live show Nickleback will put on. The line-up will never live up to last years but so what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by Kalina
    who knows what kind of live show Nickleback will put on.

I do. It'll be ****. AOR Hell. Chad Kroeger is a git.

Slane is a pale imitation of its former self. Both MCD and Henry Mountcharles should knock it on the head for a few years, give us all a bit of peace and quiet. Otherwise it'll be Travis next year, with support from Puddle of Mudd. Probably.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by therecklessone

it'll be Travis next year, with support from Puddle of Mudd. Probably.

LOL :)

Dont be giving them ideas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

Probaly be the revs head lining it or some one as crap as them. Doubt there be any good new bands by next year, this music ression will probaly be still around , it's been goin strong since late 1998, just need some new good bands to turn it around .

BRING BACK THE 70'S!

Nah, bring on Queens of The Stone Age. Hermano (John Garcia's new band), Fu Manchu, Masters Of Reality, a reformed Screaming Trees, Monster Magnet, and Nebula could provide support. The encore could be provided by Garcia and the Queens getting together to play some Kyuss classics. Imagine Spaceship Landing as darkness falls.

Now I need to change me pants...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Slane is a pale imitation of its former self. Both MCD and Henry Mountcharles should knock it on the head for a few years, give us all a bit of peace and quiet. Otherwise it'll be Travis next year, with support from Puddle of Mudd. Probably.
    slane might not be on next year.
    MCD signed a 5 year contract with Mountcharles. the contract is expired after this year.
    there may be one exception for a concert next year. the rolling stones are going to do another world tour and mcd are trying to encourage them to headline slane.

Originally posted by Rabies

the rolling stones are going to do another world tour and mcd are trying to encourage them to headline slane.

Oh ****.

Why not just get the Eagles in and bore us all to ****ing death. I love the Stones early work, but talk about flogging a dead horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by artvandelay

BRING BACK THE 70'S!

yeah fúck and bring back the 60`s and early 90`s.

I may actually go to slane as i missed out witness and Slane is always good craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

There aren't really that many bands around at the moment that are big enough to headline Slane. There's REM and Radiohead but they'd never play. There's Oasis but they are **** and they played Witnness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

all the big bands touring at the minute who could headline slane played at witness...foo's, oasis, green day etc etc etc

and we cant really complain, witness had an amazing line up, and slane isnt that bad..sterophonics do a good live show ive heard, nickelback might be ok, charlantans are ok, doves supposed to be good, the revs are the revs (best i can say there :p) saw em for free last year in carlow, and wouldnt pay money to see em again

but to be honest tho, id rather go see paul simon in kilkenny, that'd be cool

waves
    pyure

Advertisement