Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problems with satellite signal for rte1 etc..

• 15-07-2002 8:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Is it just my setup or did anyone else have problems receiving rte1, network2, tv3, tnag, hallmark, and classics over the weekend? All the other stations came in fine! These jsut kept displaying a no signal error .:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

nope, worked fine for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dupe

This may sound like a stupid question but can good weather effect the signal? The unexpected sunshine and my forced download of the latest software are the only two things of change recently.

I guess it is very Irish of me to blame the weather!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Not sure of the technical jargon but the Irish channels and the others you mentioned are low frquency and the LNB has to switch in order to view these channels. Sometimes the LNB can become faulty and not switch properly. If the box is new call whoever installed it and they should be able to replace the LNB.

The weather, good or bad, should make no difference to your reception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭marclt

unless its snowing or very heavy rain.... a friend of mine in rosslare has problems when its windy... they're house is right on the cliffs - so it gets quite windy!!!

Marc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

I think the lower the frequency, the more sensitive the signal.
    The RTE transponder is at a very low frequency.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 dupe

Oddly enough the problem went away again last night. It appears to be intermittent and when it occurs lasts several hours. I hope I have connection for viewing '24' tonight.

In probably an unrelated move I did reconnect the phone to the box to see if that would have any effect. It was one hour after that when the signal returned.

Also I noticed that I could always see the summary of what was on in the channel menu, just not receive the picture. But that is probably part of some overall signal.

Thanks to eveyone's feedback if the problem persists I will get the installer back out to check over everything.

Advertisement