Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just to make sure...

• 15-07-2002 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

I am pretty sure that the answer to this question is no, but I just want to be 100% sure.

My neighbour believes that he can copy CD's without a CD-R. He claims that his program copies the contents onto his hardrive. After doing this, he claims you insert the blank CD and the contents are then transfered to the blank CD.

So, is this possible? I was under the impression that it is not possible to copy things onto a blank CD without the use of a CD-R / CD-RW.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Gonna need a Cd Writer to copy CDs alright. No way around that just yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Unless he has one of those combo DVD/CDRW drives and doesnt know it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

you mate is indeed talking through is anus
    how ever he can copy it on the the hd using a some cd-mastering software like nero or cdrwin without a cd-writable device i nthe machine, makes nice useless images/iso's on his machine :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

As these images could be mounted (with something like DaemonTools), they're not entirely useless if you don't have a CD-Burner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Cheers ya'll, I knew you couldn't do it ffs! :)

And no, he doesn't have a dvd/cd-rw combo thingy because I was supposed to copy something as he told me that he can copy CD's. I went in thinking that you could, but then I found that he had no CD-R.

Oh well :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ha, got a laugh out of that one.

At least now you know for certain never to ask your neighbour for computer advice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Your mate can copy a cd images onto his hard drive but having no cd writer it`s not really useful. He could alsp create a virtual drive where the.............whats the use, your mate is talking ****, slap him.

Similar to when i give a mp3 ripper to a mate(female) and she asked can she make cd`s.:rolleyes:

Neo - you coming to Dundalk LAN?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by sceptre
    Ha, got a laugh out of that one.

At least now you know for certain never to ask your neighbour for computer advice:)

Yep. ;)
    Originally posted by bazH
    Neo - you coming to Dundalk LAN?

Dunno yet, looking doubtful :(

Advertisement