Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Witnness - comments

• 15-07-2002 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

I'd say Greenday were the best act of the weekend. The fireworks on stage were brilliant and so was their performance. Less than Jake were amazing aswell and Hoobastank impressed me greatly, even put their sticker on my guitar case when i got home. Wasn't all that wowed by Oasis. I wouldn't say i thought they were **** but i got the impression that they didn't want to be there. Kinda short aswell and no encores. BRMC were probably the most down to earth act. Came on, no bull**** played excellent tunes and left. I knew nothing of them before witnness but I'll probably get a few of their albums now. Anybody see that band that were on sunday morning at around 12pm? Polyphonic Spree or something. I liked them. A good type of music to help shift the hangover. Didn't see the Foo Fighters because we managed to sneak into the treatment area and see The Frames again in a tiny tent. That was cool. THE TOILETS ACTUALLY HAD BOG ROLL!!!

All in all a savage weekend and I have no real complaints. Catering was plentiful if even a little pricy (ok complete rip off) but no different from the prices one pays in Lansdowne road. The price of drink was surprisingly cheap. €3.50 for guinness and €4.00 for Carlsberg. Better than nightclub prices and the Guinness was good aswell.

I also learned a great lesson in how to get a cheap pop from the crowd, should I ever become a rock star:-

In order of importance:

1. Take Tricolour from fan in pit and wave/wear.
    2. Announce that it is your first gig in Ireland and how brilliant the crowd is for making it a great one.
    3. Curse.
    4. Be drunk
    5. Play good music!

Can't really remember any other complete acts that i saw. Anybody see Basement Jaxx? What were they like? Saw bits of the Frames (on mainstage), Revs, Wilt, Hives and Dany Warhols. All good.

Who have i left out.....oh yeh, The Prodigy. Not a huge fan of theirs before Witnness but they were excellent.

Anyone see any up and coming talent in the café? I managed to avoid that place for some reason.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

jesus mate u must have been completely bol*xed to say dat the prodigy were good they were fu*kin awful,David Kitt was brilliant who ever saw him would say the same,i saw a little prodigy and he ended up lying on the ****in floor"""

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Green day sure did rock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Sorry for releying to an old post but i am new to this fourm.

The Prodigy. Not a huge fan of theirs before Witnness but they were excellent.

I am a big fan of them but they were desprate the sound was not up too much, they didn't do Voodoo People my fav song, I don't know weather i was because the crowed weren't up for it or if it was the disn't get the crowed going but it wasn't the best atmosphere.

Oasis i enjoyed but you are right i think they didn't want to be there mabey because people were more interested in throwing muck and then breaking out into an hugh muck circle.

Chemical Bros. and grove armada BRILL!!!!!!

Dandy Warholes Great also.

Advertisement