Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Recovery

• 15-07-2002 5:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14

hi,

does anyone here know anything about data recovery? My HD recently decided it had had enough of me, and just died. I'm pretty sure its a problem with the actual harddrive and not some software issue, so i just bought a new drive. I'd like to be able to get some of the stuff off the old one though.

I mailed some company and they quoted me 850Eur + VAT for getting everything off it. I think it's a tad on the dear side. Does anyone know anybody that does this sort of thing at a reasonable price.

thanks

.:bar:.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

there are loads of programs that can do this.
    Go to www.download.com
    and search utilies and HD recovery software literally 100`s
    some are expensive but not 850.

kdja

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

try Ontrack it maybe useful..hope u get it sorted out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 bar

hi,

thanks for the info lads. It's not a software problem so download.com isn't any use, but thanks anyway.

I was actually looking at it last night, and it seems that one of the chips on the PCB is burnt out. I'm no electronics expert but i'm guessing this has something to do with it?

I reckon i'll probably check out the manufacturers website and see if they have any info. It shouldn't be that expensive just for the new chip?

Ideas welcome.

bar

Advertisement