Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starsailor v Oasis

Options
  • 15-07-2002 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

Whats the story with James Walsh's comments about Oasis yesterday . Did Liam piss in his pool , or what ? Just wondering as he sounded very unhappy .

On another note I thought Gwen Stefani put in the performance of the day . Outstanding . I'm not a huge fan but boy No Doubt were excellent .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

OASIS and STARSAILOR were involved in a backstage fight yesterday (July 13) at T In The Park after Starsailor frontman James Walsh asked Noel Gallagher about a remark he made about him recently in the NME.

Liam Gallagher became involved and was physically restrained by one of his security guards after the spat degenerated into a near brawl. The rock ‘n roll row began in mid-afternoon when Walsh approached Noel and asked him why he had called him "a cock" in a recent interview. Noel replied: "I don’t know what you’re talking about. But you must be a cock then and by the way, you’re wearing my T-shirt."

Within minutes, frontman Liam became involved. "Liam came over and squared up to me," Walsh told NME.COM this morning (July 14), "He puffed up his little pigeon chest and said: ‘Don’t ever interupt my brother’s interview again [Noel had been doing a number of interviews in the backstage area at the time]. If someone says you are a cock, then you are one. That’s it.’ He then got his security guards over and one held him back while I was talking to another one. It all just got a bit out of hand."

Walsh said he thought the entire thing was "quite funny". "I was a huge fan of Oasis," he added, "We’re a band who were inspired by them. It tarnishes the spirit of it." Oasis could not be reached for comment this morning.

Advertisement