Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

this bassist needs some quick advice!!

Options
  • 15-07-2002 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭

i've been offered a ZOOM bfx708 pedal board for 100yoyos. all i want for my bass is a distortion pedal. will this yoke do the job? is it cheaper than going and buying a simple BOSS distortion pedal?

oh yeah what is the story with ebay, they dont seem to deliver musical equipment (eg pedals) outside the US.

cheers

ferdi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

You don't want to use any Distortion with your Bass Guitar.

I posted some info on your thread on the wanted board since I saw that one first.

And the thing with Ebay. Try ordering from the UK. http://www.ebay.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The Boss FZ-2 is the best fuzz for bass.
    Real 'Deeper Undeground' sound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Jaicster

I'm sure the pedal will do distortion and different types of it,
    I rekon you could get a basic dist pedal for a bass for less than
    €100

You gotta wonder why is it for sale ...
    I tend not to buy second hand stuff out of fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Oeneus why are u so crabby?
    if u have nothing nice and or helpful to say, its probably better to say nothing.
    ;)

ferdi

Oeneus, what do you mean you have never heard of distortion on a bass! Deeper underground, Exit music for a film, And loads of Red hot chilli peppers stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭artvandelay

jaco pastorious used distortion, on the slang solo for one . flea uses it too for the start of "around the world". kewl effect if used right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Me Crabby?

I did mention some useful stuff. On your Wanted thread I mentioned a bunch of effects you could use for your bass.

Secondly, I recommended that you try Ebay.co.uk, as they are more likely to send stuff to Ireland than Ebay.com are!

Sheesh. I don't know why I bother sometimes.
    Deeper underground, Exit music for a film, And loads of Red hot chilli peppers stuff.

I assume this "Deeper Underground" distortion would be fairly light. I assumed this guy was planning on using some mean overdrive on his bass with this Zoom pedal. I've never tried it, but I can picture it being quite a nasty sound. But then that's just my vague imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Spencer

I reckon distortion for the bass is wicked if used at the right time in songs that require it, especially if the other guitars are clean, raidioheads bassist uses the Boss ODB on OK Computers Exit Music(for a film) and gets a great sound out of it!:)

www.polarofficial.com

Yeah it's fairly heavy, but because bass hass such a low freq. anyway, it wont sound as prominent.

Advertisement