Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADD COMMUNITY- Dungeons & Dragons

• 15-07-2002 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Board Name: Dungeons & Dragons
    Description: All about D&D!
    Private Y/N: N

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Yeah,
    there may already be a rpg forum but its being hoarded by the pc gamers.
    a seperate Pen and Paper RPG room would be great, it wouldnt have to be just D&D, War Hammer and Vampire would all suit as well, anything table top.

<late night TV3/> good Idea dukman, why didnt I think of that <\late night TV3>

*nudge nudge* do you think he can tell we know each other *nudge nudge*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

sure, then Pen And Paper RPG forum would be good. I just like D&D best. But it'd be better to cover a whole spectrum. Go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

>being hoarded by the pc gamers

How pray tell? Actually very few people post to it, and those that do post about RPG games tend to do so in the Games forum.

Here's a thought, try actually using the forum before slating it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Go Hobbes!

Did that sound mean? :) Not at all.

It's far from being hoarded by PC gamers, it's just that the others post few and far between (mud, cards, tabletop). When they do post they get a good reponse from others that actually watch the forum.

Don't get me wrong, if you want to start up a community forum solely for the discussion of D&D be my guest, we'll even put a link to the forum (we do something similar for Kev's Vampire LARP group).

Just don't knock it without ever having posted to it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

No you didnt sound mean at all and you have a valid point :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hmm, I agree with Hobbes, it's not like the board has 50 odd new threads a day or anything. Plus you never know, you might convert some of those heathen pc rpg'er types to pen and paper...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Its only hoarded by PC gamers (who incidentally probably also play table tops etc) because pen and paper players dont post there I bet you if you posted there you'd get a lot more reponses then in a P&P only board as people will form critical mass.
    Its not like they are going to attack you for having threads there, it IS specifically and clearly stated that it supports both and the Mod will stamp on anyone getting upitty about that.

For I think the first time ever I'm going to clean deny a board-creation request. Sorry but do give it a go, I've been playing D&D for the best part of 18 years... I'd post.

DeV.

Oh your cruel :)

Ok how about this. The RPG forum was created because a large amount of RPG related traffic started appearing in the Quake Forum.

So if you increase the amount of traffic in the RP forum to the point where most posts are about D&D then I say let them have their forum? As long as they post stuff back to the RP forum that others may be intrested in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Originally posted by DeVore

I've been playing D&D for the best part of 18 years... I'd post.

DeV.

And when was the last time you played?

From the limited traffic ion the board there seems to be a mix of RPG computer and pen and paper, I can't see a prob with that - but then again I don't make the important decisions....Waaahhhh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I would be known to indulfe in some Warhammer (rules of choice, I'm afraid I find D&D far too tired and restricting) RPGing from time to time if only I could find some others to play WITH. Damn short attention spans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

I Frikkin love D&D (3rd edition, of course), but i live in moldy old Ireland where like 75% of young childrens desired career is "I wanna be an F-in footballer- if yeh dont, yur F-in sad or F-in gay" and like, no-one even plays D&D, im surprised theres even a warhammer shop nearby (which is also pretty kule). So, me my brother and two new-to-D&D friends are gunna try to have afew sessions that go beyond the epic LEVEL 4!!!:eek: I, of course am the DM, if anyone knows any good places in the dublin area for D&D or even some advice, please tell me!

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Originally posted by TheAlmightyArse
    I would be known to indulfe in some Warhammer

I am probably one of very few people who will not put down the PC & PS versions of Warhammer: Dark Omen (Even have Warhammer: Shadow of The horned Rat ordered from Smyth's - Adore them to bits) yet when it comes to the good old fashioned 'proper' games of Warhammer, I got to play it once years ago in london - it involved a lot of waiting around, dice throwing and standing, without seats, arms crossed watching people marching units onto hills trying to poke enemy orcs to death with archers that couldn't hit an egg with an obese spoon at extreme close range.

As for the creation of the board, it'd be like sawing off the arm of the RPG Board and bunging it in the closet. Whats the point? Both of them would serve the same purpose, and considering the fact that the RPG Board covers Pen & Paper RPG games as well as anything else thats 'Role Playing', and the fact that the Board isn't exactly being swamped by threads, really emphasises the pointlessness of a new RPG based board.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

I must admit to having never played proper Warhammer (ie, the game with all the little figures an' the like, wot?). I spend a great deal of time in a sort of having-no-money limbo, which is one of the reasons I enjoy free-tastic pen and paper affairs so much. The superb outlet for crappy jokes, silly names, junk food, wearing the illustrious Gamesmaster's Hat, and stopping halfway through when the lure of the SNES gets too much are also bonuses, of course.

Oh, and the dice are nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

So in conclusion, until the RPG forum explodes with D&D posts, go here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=17

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement