Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

monitor resolution problem

• 15-07-2002 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

i have a iiyama hm903dt, vision master pro 454, and the problem is that some times when i change resolution the positioning of the screen is about an inch to the left. the problem happens a lot because i play games that change resolution from the desktop resolution of 1152x864 to the game resolution of 1280x1024. the problem happens 4 out five times i change back and forth, this is how i have being solving the problem, does anyone have any suggestions? i bought from dabs.com and dont want to send back, please help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I have the iiyama 510 (21") and sometimes have that problem.
    I only use 800*600 ingame (dunno y i dont change it) and run the desktop at 1600*1200 or 2048*1536.
    It happens now and again but when i adjust it it retains the settings.
    Have you tried emailing iiyama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Best thing to do is to go through all the main resolution settings within windows and set the same Refresh for each colour-depth at those resolutions, then adjust your monitor for the best size/position image, as PPC said it should remember these settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

monitors usually store settings (width/height/etc.) for the most common resolution and refresh rates (1024x768 85/100hz blah blah) .. and have user-definable settings for anything not in the pre-defined brackets... (1152x864 would probably be in a user-defined memory slot).. therefore when you switch res it looks for settings for 1280x1024, doesn't find any and chucks it up regardless... try and use a standard res for your desktop, this shoudl sort the problem out, or check the monitors manual which should list the various resolution's settings it stores.

hopefully thats of some help..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

You run games at 800x600 on a 21" monitor?

!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

i'd get that maybe one out of 10 times I change res, I just turn the monitor off and back on and it's fine (vison master 451)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by JustHalf
    You run games at 800x600 on a 21" monitor?

!!!

Yeah?
    I can't see the bloody enemies in CS with it any higher. (tho' i think its at 1024*768 now)
    Once i get a decent graphics card i'll be able to get a good frame rate over 1024*768. I only have a std GF3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭gar

on a slight un/related topic

just put my pc together last night. no OS insalled yet (need to get another ide cable today) but i gots me a bios so all is good so far. cant want to play games on my GeForce4.

before i was playing HL and CS on on a PIII 600 and a TNT2. very playable but multiplayer could really suck at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by PPC
    Yeah?
    I can't see the bloody enemies in CS with it any higher. (tho' i think its at 1024*768 now)
    Once i get a decent graphics card i'll be able to get a good frame rate over 1024*768. I only have a std GF3
    I have a standard GeForce 3, and up until recently I had an Athlon 1000GHz @ 1400, 10x140MHz (up until I ripped it out to sell to Regi).

It ran fine. It even ran fine at 1280x1024.

I know you have a faster processor than that, and DDR as opposed to SDR RAM. You should be getting good speeds.

Yeah must try it.
    Think i have serious sam 2 at 1280*1024 and its grand
    SOF2 @800*600 maxes fps at 50fps and runs about 30.

Also back to the topic i think there is software for the monitor.
    I'll check at home for my one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

thx for help, i have fixed the problem nearly 100%, it happens rarely now

i reset all the main resolution + refresh settings within windows and this helped, and then i went over to iiyama site to find email for their support and found that there is new drivers, i have been using the windowsxp drivers all along, which wont have helped, so i installed the new ones and the problem has stopped happening when i start my AoK game, which means i have stopped cursing and banging the side of my big white box

• Advertisement
Advertisement