Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake IV

Options
  • 15-07-2002 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

has anyone got any info on quake 4? i.e. will it use the doom3 engine, will it have a proper single player mode this time (it is being done by raven after all) etc.
    should be a guddun

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

an unreliable source on IRC told me that quake4 should be coming out in early 2004.

I would expect it to be another game designed for multiplayer, since doom3 is a single player game, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

i heard Q4 was gonna have full single player.
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

It'll be a single-player game based on the Doom 3 engine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 933 ✭✭✭dardoz

well, the simple answer to any1 looking to play Q4 is take a look at UT2k3 or Unreal Tournament 2 as some may recognise it. Its so much like Quake 3 a lot of UT die hards are pretty pissed off. You can get yourself and beta version is you know where to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

It will be a single player orientated game, contuining on with the Strogg story. It's not being made by ID, it could still change though, as their still looking for ideas for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I read a while ago thats it was primarily single player but had a multiplayer mode seperate from the single player

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

I read somewhere.........that no one cares :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I care.

It follows on from Quake 2 with a return to the Strogg homeworld Stroggos. id decided it would be better to have it based around the q2 story rather than the q1 story because the q1 story was a bit flaky and basically crap.

The game will bge first and foremost single player but of course there will be a strong concentration on multiplayer aspects. Also id arent developing it Raven are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Quake III had the best storyline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

raven make ****e games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Originally posted by ThrAx
    I care.

It follows on from Quake 2 with a return to the Strogg homeworld Stroggos. id decided it would be better to have it based around the q2 story rather than the q1 story because the q1 story was a bit flaky and basically crap.

The game will bge first and foremost single player but of course there will be a strong concentration on multiplayer aspects. Also id arent developing it Raven are.

While the quake2 story was its best feature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

raven make ****e games.
    yeah, jkII and soldier of fortune 2 are soooooo sh|t!...

Advertisement