Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final fantasy I & II remake

Options
  • 16-07-2002 12:39am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Cheeck out www.rpgamer.com looks like final fantasy I & II remake may get a GBA release!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

I never did like FF 1 and 2 thought the story line was a bit plain didnt have enuff depth and the characters didnt have proper names in 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

They were released on the wonderswan colour about a year ago. The graphics have been seriously improved and sound to. Only problem is they're in japanese and wonderswan emulators are not great plus the homebrew translations are not that good.

However there are better games coming out before they make it the GBa. Tactics Ogre springs to mind. Any idea when it out in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Why play FF1 or 2 when you can play 10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by -oRnein9-
    Why play 10 when you've already played through it twice?

because my homemade GBA to PS2 adapter just wont work quite right. the sound plays to slow and the colours tend to be messed up. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you beat me to it stu, you'd think the gba would be capable of 5 & 6. maybe they're planning to do em all in order

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Originally posted by DiscoStu

because my homemade GBA to PS2 adapter just wont work quite right. the sound plays to slow and the colours tend to be messed up. :)
    I thought you would be used to messed up colours and dodgy sound if you live up to your name DiscoStu.:)

I thought you would be used to messed up colours and dodgy sound if you live up to your name DiscoStu.:)

Checkmate. i salute you sir. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well they improved the gameplay of 1 & 2 in the wonderswan versions (i.e. you don't miss as much) and it looks like these will be direct ports. They are both true classics and if you don't buy them cos you've already played them on an emulator then shame on you!

i bought a gba because with all the re-releases. its the equivalent of a portable snes emulator, i cant wait for zelda and yoshis island.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Handheld final fantasy.....how good can things get? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Pugsley
    Handheld final fantasy.....how good can things get? :)
    FF 12,13,14,15,16,17,18 etc?

Advertisement