Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sc4-2 in IReland?

• 16-07-2002 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

im gettin sky in ireland and i know i cant get Channel 4 but i read you can the sc4-2 is this the same thing only for welsh people cause id miss big brother at 10 so could someone who has Sky Dig in Ireland please tell me if it's on!!!??????!!!!!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭carrolls

It is available on the Irish system if you tune it in manually.
    Getting ITV/Channel 4 in Ireland is not really that difficult.
    You could get a Welsh FTV card.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

any chance of tellin me how to tune in for when i get it? im brand new to this! im gettin SKY MOnday

So s4c-2 is in ireland
    Is there any verion of utv or itv that we can get in ireland?? PLease help!!!

Thanx
    Damomanye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Charles Slane

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but -

S4C2 is indeed available in Ireland, and you don't have to tune it in manually. It's there on the EPG for anyone to see.

However it's only on for a few hours every now and again, and when it is, it covers the Welsh Assembly (i.e. the local government of Wales).

You're probably confusing it with S4C, which is not available on the Irish EPG either through manual tuning or any other means. Even if you could tune it in, it's not the same as terrestrial S4C, which carries some of Channel 4's programmes. The S4C that appears on UK Sky Digital is 12 hours of Welsh language programming.

There is also no version of ITV/UTV available on Irish Sky Digital, and at the moment the only way to see it through Sky Digital is to get your hands on a UK Sky card (which has been very well covered in previous threads).

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Thanx Charles.
    i really needed to know

Thanx again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

BBLB is always available on E4. it's not bad as an alternative

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    BBLB is always available on E4. it's not bad as an alternative

I remember last years Big Bro on E4, they repeated the C4 programme at midnight. Unfortunately, not this year. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Originally posted by Charles Slane
    You're probably confusing it with S4C, which is not available on the Irish EPG either through manual tuning or any other means. Even if you could tune it in, it's not the same as terrestrial S4C, which carries some of Channel 4's programmes. The S4C that appears on UK Sky Digital is 12 hours of Welsh language programming.

Has anyone tried ringing up to get S4C Digidol on an Irish sub card? There's a phone number in the UK to enable it on a UK sub / FTV card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Originally posted by Cloud
    Has anyone tried ringing up to get S4C Digidol on an Irish sub card? There's a phone number in the UK to enable it on a UK sub / FTV card.
    Also in detail on another thread.
    Short answer: Yes it tried, no it doesn't work

Longer
    They may try to turn it on but it needs a UK sub card or a UK FTV card or else the "instruction" is ignored.

Advertisement