Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I want to send a form to a different adress if a checkbox is checked...?

Options
  • 16-07-2002 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My problem is I want my form to go to it's regular email adress, but if a certain checkbox is checked the form will go to a different adress. Any ideas? I don't want to use a "mailto" solution either.

Thanks,
    BM.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

You'll need to use a server-side programming language for either or both (alt address / no mailto). Do you have one available?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

my server supports cgi scripts but I haven't a clue about that kind of stuff. Please help me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

If you don't want to use a "mailto" solution you will have to use server side scripting - CGI in your case.

However, given server side stuff is not your bag, then you might try just setting up 2 copies of the same form mail CGI (each going to a different address) and handle which script to go to using JavaScript - i.e. change the form ACTION when the onselect event is invoked.

Configurable form mail CGI's are available on a lot of sites out there, btw. Your host may also be able to help with your requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭boogie man

Thanks for your help, but I came up with my own solution - on the checkbox I put a "onclick, go to URL" behaviour, and set up an identical form with a different email address. A lot less hassle than messing around with scripts that I know very little about!

BM.

Advertisement