Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right - something to do...

• 01-12-2000 2:19pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I feel sorry for Eamo at times - his board is so slow wink.gif

Here's what I want everyone to do...

What was the Best and the Worst experience you've had at a job?

For me:
    Best = telling the manager of my last job that I thought she was a sh!te manager and should never have been let run the place.

Worst = The incident that caused my departure - I was given 10 hours notice that I had to come in on a Satuday morning. So I went out (as I'd planned to do) and slept in and when I finally got in and did what I had to do I had to face the music of the Manager after which I handed in my notice.

Ah well - next!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

worst: just about any time i was working for a certain dresshire firm...
    /me shudders

no best of yet, but i reckon 15th dec will be a pretty cool day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭PJ Hunt

so whats happinin on the 15th then Micro?

My worst : Sittin at the bar after work, boastin how I shagged a certain female employee. Graphic detail was involved, only to discover she was standin behind me. Trouble was I actually liked her. Dont do that very often (bull**** i mean) but the one time I did...well

My best : Handin in my notice knowing I was starting back to college to do my diploma in IT. Grunt coder available by the way !!

‡PJ‡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Best: being paid to play games and sit in irc.

Hmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The funniest was someone else. We hired this new guy and put him to work on something straight away.

Come lunchtime he didn't come back but rang in and told the place to go F' themselves and thier job as he had got a new one.

He then rang up the following monday looking for a reference. biggrin.gif

i'm off home on the 15th...
    see new location smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

worst moment being on holidays with my girlfriend and getting phoned from work in the morning not once but 3 times frown.gif

Best moment hmmm it comes once a month and it involves a trip to the bank redface.gif)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Best moment:

I was kept on as the tech support for "the other" section of the office when hte main bit was moved to cardiff and everyone got their marching orders (or they could go to cardiff... yeah right)

Worst moment:

When I discovered I was the only tech support guy here. This occurred approx. .01 of a second after half the pc's decided that they didn't like the server any more and weren't going to talk to it.

ricky.gif

only a week and a day to go!!!!

Hello. I'm Leonard Nimoy. The following tale of alien encounters is
    true. And by true, I mean false. It's all lies. But they're
    entertaining lies. And in the end, isn't that the real truth? The
    answer is: No.

Advertisement