Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

josh ritter

Options
  • 17-07-2002 1:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

any fans here? im living off the golden age of radio.its a perfect album,i missed him at tower AND witnness :(:( bad luck eh?
    i can see the nick drake similarities..good for josh!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Yeah like him alot, though the more i see him live the less enthuastic about his shows i get.
    When he came over here first he was fantastic he just got up played his songs and that was it, but now he tries to talk and involve the crowd in singalongs and it invariably backfires or has very little impact. He should stop trying to be an all round entertainer and just be a musician, thats what hes amazing at.

The first album is fantastic too, the hidde track "stuck to you" is class, you've probably herad him do it live, about non-stick frying pans and gravity and stuff.

Not sure about him sounding like Nick Drake though, a bit more like Johnny Cash or even Dylan a bit i reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭biZrb

I think he's amazing i seen him for the first time and Witnness and he was brill, it was an excellent ending to the weekend. I prefer his second album to his first though

Advertisement