Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass player needed badly.

Options
  • 17-07-2002 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hi there, just a quick note that I really need a bass player for a band that I am trying to form, we have our own material, with I play zee guitar, My bro Chris plays Drums, We have just recruited a new singer, and our intended bass player spontaniously combusted while trying to learn how to play Orion by Metallica.
    Well if anybody is interested please, please,please mail me at niallstynes@indigo.ie

Our influences vary I like everything from Tool to Dave Matthews, so there will be a lot of stuff jammed out, we are intending to be gigging by November / December and then maybe do a demo by February so please come along if you are up for it.

Cheers.

Niall.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭Aspro

Come on folks. There must be a bass player out there looking to get into something fresh yet experienced (and I don't mean my underpants). The three of us have been on the scene for years so this isn't a half-arsed venture. Give us a shout. Go on. You know you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭kranog

I'd do it only I have the responcibility to lay down the phattest beats yet to be heard....not many up to that challenge !!! *LOL*
    C.mon folks....this will be a good experience I know !!!
    Peace,
    kranog

http://popstar.2ya.com

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

Niall - trying to find a bass player is *damn* hard. If you play bass you are always guaranteed to find a band no sweat, although having said that.. my band are on our fourth bass player.. lol... I think if my band split up I'd play bass instead of guitar as it would be so much easier to join another band.

A joke I like :)

A Father buys his son a bass guitar and books him in for some lessons. After the first week the dad says "so son, how did your lesson go yesterday?" the son replies "very well, he taught me some notes on the fouth string". The following week the dad says
    "so son, how did your lesson go yesterday?" the son replies "very well, he taught me some notes on the third string".

The third week the dad says
    "so son, how did your lesson go yesterday?" the son replies "um.. I didn't go to bass lessons yesterday....", the dad is furious, "why not!" he asks, the son replies "I had to play a gig!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

Soma - I have to say that I'm a tad bit confused are saying that you are interested in taking up the bass guitar and trying out for the band or are you saying that I need more lessons, mmmmmm.

Either one is fine by the way, still though the search continues, cmon lads has anyone out there had atleast 3 bass guitar lessons.

Niall.

Advertisement