Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best IT company in Dublin to work for?

• 15-12-2000 3:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

I was just passin' thru and want your opions on this!

I'm currently on the job hunt and was wondering what you guys think is the best IT company in Dublin to work for?

On a side note, a good m8 of mine is going for an interview for tech support in Creative LABS, he wants to know what it is like to work there - any feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers 'n' beers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

what exactly is the job you are looking for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 diamond_geezer

Multimedia Tech support..............lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

'ere, aren't you the same guy who's into ripping off IT companies?

Remember kids - warezing might be one of those crimes that everybody does, but try not to make a lifestyle statement out of it smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Arent you the guy who is also looking for Warez sites....

Sorry there are no jobs in IT, warez groups killed the industry smile.gif

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

The sort of IT company you are looking for doesn't exist...

What company needs needs someone with winzip, unace, unrar and ripping ISO skills? Answer : None

Besides, wouldn't you just be wasting their bandwidth with that shít?

Luc

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by diamond_geezer:
    Multimedia Tech support..............lol</font>

Did you just take 2 random computer words and add support to the end?

wtf is Multimedia tech support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I believe multimedia tech support comes into play you just can't figure out why the sound won't work with your newly warezed copy of shogun. You phone "Multimedia tech support" and are clearly instructed that you, being the ninny you are, probably forgot to warez the sound add on for shogun....
    oops I've said too much....

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Loomer

If you wanna job getting paid to surf the net all day you have to pretend to know some other stuff. Then you can surf the net to your hearts content biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Heh, 3-pronged attack from the Spinsol crowd there... all within the one 4-minute period smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hey, the sound on Shogun worked perfect......

ooopppsssss I have also said too much.

John

• Advertisement

LOL...........I gotta say you guys really know how to hurl insults!!!

Looks like I overestimated you.....as far as I can see you all seem to be college headz with too much time on your hands........

~GET A LIFE~

Awwwww, the warez kiddy looking for a job is insulted.

Keep up your job hunt, you might end up meeting us someday :P

Luc

I don't think so, I'll be too busy HAVING A LIFE............ROFL!

No, we work for an IT company in Dublin (well, one of us is Managing Director, but I work for it). We can type with all ten fingers, so this doesn't take much time out of lives.
    C.f. spending all your time on warez boards downloading Lithuanian Builds of cr4x0red Quake II and trying to appear l33t.
    Of course those who value l33tness (I don't really) would rank people a bit like this:

Hackers.
    Sys Admins.
    Programmers.
    Script Kiddies who understand how scripts work.
    Green stuff growing on yoghurt in fridge.
    Users.
    Script Kiddies who don't understand how scripts work.
    Toilet-bowl limescale.
    Warez d00dz who know the Irish warez scene.
    Warez d00dz who ask people for some of whom warez costs money for disto links.
    Warez d00dz who ask people for some of whom warez costs money for distro links, and then tries to score job as same.

It's one thing do use the odd warezed product now and again, but the warez "scene" is self-defeating. Warez d00dz all want to seem l33t, but nothing's less l33t than warez.

I'd just like to make it clear - this POST has NOTHING to do with warez and has nothing to do with it - I was simply asking a question about work and everyone seems to have gone off in tangent talking about warez!?!

Anywho, looks like I'm not gonna get the question answered.........It was worth a try though!

heh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Microsoft ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Dang.. I rate pretty low on that "l33t" list. Anyway I hear Eircom are always looking for people in Dublin. I don't know if they'd meet your high criteria (let you leech warez all day then burn it on thier pcs) but they are faily good as far as Tech Supp goes, or so I'm led to believe.

.logic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Heh, 3-pronged attack from the Spinsol crowd there... all within the one 4-minute period</font>
    Well one of us spotted it, and we all laughed and couldn't resist replying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Sys Admins.
    Programmers.</font>
    Yay, we beat the pe0n coders smile.gif

• Advertisement

Why is a SysAdmin higher then a coder? smile.gif also I think Toilet bowl limescale should be a step higher.

Advertisement