Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Staff/Office Parties

• 15-12-2000 9:48am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Yay or nay?

We had ours on Monday last and much much merriment and debauchery was had. 'twas Karaoke in the Sugar Club on Leeson Street! Our MC for the night was Martin King - yer man who does the weather on TV3.

The Highlights:
    One of the founding members singing Tom Jones' "It's Not Unusual" in his y-fronts - I kid you not

Watching the 4 of the most important people in the company perform YMCA with a rather suspicious enthusiasm (3 of them are married...)

And best of all...
    Winning the "Best Song" prize - a return flight for 2 to any European Destination for my rendition of Break Out by the Foo Fighters - I had the whole crowd head-banging along and now there's a lot of whip-lash in the office smile.gif But I had no idea there was such a good prize for it an jesus I was shocked!

So - what of the rest of yiz?

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 15-12-2000).]

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Yay - I was at the CS dept. one last night, and by god am I paying for it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tomorrow night.
    i'll tell you about it next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Kharn:
    Yay or nay?</font>
    Yay, if you fancy the àrse off some chick at work, and need an excuse to feel her up, puke all over the place, and make a show of yourself in front of the people you have to work with.
    Nay, if most of the people going, are uptight senior employees in their 50's, and it's some cràppy black-tie dinner party... no-one needs pressure like that.
    But usualy there's some good gossip about what happened at the Christmas party... so that's nice.

SONIC.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Personally, I boycotted last year's party and seeing as I just quit, I suspect I won't be invited to this year's one.

Yes!!!!!!

[Nsk]Victor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Haven't had it yet... am having it tonight - but I can say 'yay' already, as our company know how to party!

bard2.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement