Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh my bleedin' head!

• 22-12-2000 11:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

frown.gif

I was just wondering what the compensation laws are like in this country as regards being injured in work. We see ads on TV all the time on UK and US stations going along the lines of "injured in work??? call us on freephone 1-800-GREEDYB4ST4RD and we'll sort you out with sh|t loads of compensation moolah!" ... is there 'owt like that here?

Reason I ask is that I was injured in work just recently - I took a bad knock to the head on Wednesday afternoon, from the low top of a metal door. Other people have complained about that door before being unsafe and too low. This had me out of action from about 4pm on Wednesday and all day yesterday, bruised, confused, dizzy and disoriented with approximately the attention span of a carrot (... and no, I'm not usually like that tongue.gif). Basically, it seems, I was slightly concussed, apparently.

I'm not thinking of suing my employers (its nowt to do with them, really) or the people who manage the business centre... it's just made me curious about the situation in Ireland, that's all.

Anyone shed any light on it for me???...

bard2.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 22-12-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If you haven't already, go and see a doctor immediately and get a report from them of what has happened to you and what damage it has done.

As for it being nowt to do with your employers or the owners of the business centre, if their is an unsafe item like a door there that others have noticed and complained of before, it has everything to do with them.

If a doc says you have been concussed or anything like that and you want to get compensation, get to a solicitor and give them all the facts - find one on a 'no win, no fee' basis and try it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

nah... I'm fine now, and I'm not interested in legal action.

I was just curious.

Anyway... I'm off to an Xmas party...

cheers smile.gif

bard2.gif

Advertisement