Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sigur rós galway gig cancelled

Options
  • 17-07-2002 6:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭

www.sigur-ros.co.uk/news.html

"we're sorry to have to announce some rather bad news. due to time constraints, sigur rós have had to pull out of all their summer festivals dates. this includes all dates up until the v2002 festival on 17th/18th august. those two shows will still go ahead. check the tour dates page for a full list of the cancelled dates. sigur rós send their very sincere apologies that they are unable to fulfil these committments. georg has sent this message of apology:

hi. this is george from sigur rós, i'd just like to say how really sorry we are to people who bought tickets to see us at this summer's festivals and all those who put in a lot of effort to organise these shows. we're not in the habit of cancelling shows, but unfortunately the album is taking longer than we expected and we have to finish it in order for an autumn release. we should be back around the release date, and we hope to see you then.
    george and the band.

for refund information, please contact the festivals direct. please please do not send emails to me or björn (or the band) moaning about the cancellations. there is nothing anyone can do about it, its just an unfortunate situation. as georg said, the band will be back in europe in the autumn to do a full scale tour to make up for it. thanks for your understanding"

dw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Well balls to that!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

noooooooooooooooooooo, I've been so looking forward to this. Arghghh saw lambchop in St Nick's just there on Monday, and the atmosphere was amazing. GRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭deco

Well that does kinda blow.....but I hope they make a trip to Galway sometime next year they'd be so amazing to see.

Anyway....they were sold out for the Galway Arts Festival when I went to get a ticket so maybe next time I'll get to see them:D

And Lampchop where so amazing on Monday......blew me away....

Advertisement