Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sigur rós galway gig cancelled

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

:( thats a kick in the balls

anyone have any suggestions for something to do that night now that sigur ros have canceled? i'm booked into a hostel for that night, and i don't know galway at all ... so any ideas???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

planned a whole weekend in galway since that fixture
    was announced. so sunday will be a 3rd consecutive
    night of pub crawling. god darn that

anyone else worth catching that weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by o sleep
    anyone have any suggestions for something to do that night now that sigur ros have canceled? i'm booked into a hostel for that night, and i don't know galway at all ... so any ideas???

well as far as pubs are concerned, you're spoiled for choice
    cause they're all closely knitted together and tend to be all
    buzzing any night of the week this time of year.
    i'm only an annual visitor so you'll need a galweigan to
    recommend a club but the roisin dubh is a good pub and
    would attract the same heads that play whelans

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 bren

A real shame, was really looking forward to
    this gig, but a pretty lame excuse
    Sigur Ros have given, need to finish
    their album by the Autumn... they can
    commit to playing V2002 all the same,
    mmmm, far more appealing than playing
    St.Nicolas's in Galway... not....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭jArgHA

Goddarnit I knew it was too good to be true.

O Sleep, you were asking if anyone knew what else to do - well Galway is buzzing like a bee on speed at the minute, there's loads of music and acts on the streets but for a list of gigs / clubs / comedy go to http://www.livingingalway.ie , goto the gigs link and then specify the date in the top. As far as I can see Tommy Tiernan is playing on the 28th in an Taibhearc. If you want to go to anything in the Arts Festival you'd be well advised to book tickets as soon as possible at www.galwayartsfestival.com

Slán,
    jAH

thanks knobbles and jargha, i appreciate it. it's kind of pathetic that i haven't managed to get down to galway before, but i'm really looking forward to it. the dirty three (and the frames) had better play a blinding set to make up for the no-show sigur ros (although i think that's going to be a given). i'd have to agree with the crap reasoning sigur ros gave: i guess the V2002 festival is paying a hell of a lot more money than the galway arts festival.

oh well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

"but a pretty lame excuse Sigur Ros have given, need to finish
    their album by the Autumn"

well, it prolly the truth, the galway gig was meant to be in 9 days, so id imagine the mental energy of working on an album non stop for a few months meant that it was impossible to get ready for a tour...

also, its probably for the best that they get all the album done and dusted in time for a tour in autumn. i think that leaving the album 90% finished for 6 weeks to truck all over europe wouldnt have helped that last 10% to be done in late august/september...

but yeah, agreed, the v2002 thing is a bit annoying...but i think that if the galway gig was in mid august they would have played that.... its just unfortunate timing.. such is life..

dw

Advertisement