Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bbc2w

• 17-07-2002 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭

Just noticed BBC2 Wales on 961 and BBC2 Scot on 962 using my FTA card from London Region. Anyone else have this? I hope this is not old news

Regards Tony

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Tony
    Just noticed BBC2 Wales on 961 and BBC2 Scot on 962 using my FTA card from London Region. Anyone else have this? I hope this is not old news

Regards Tony

Afraid it's old news Tony!:P Umm. But I did think BBC2 NI should be there too. Isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,336 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Originally posted by irishbyte

Afraid it's old news Tony!:P Umm. But I did think BBC2 NI should be there too. Isn't it?

Yes it is, just shows you how much I watch sky:D

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by Tony

Yes it is, just shows you how much I watch sky:D

Too busy installing it and not enough time to watch it. LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

I love watching the occasional sports programmes on BBC2W, such as Scrum V (That's how the programme title's written-Roman numerals rule OK!) The difference being that on BBC2W, the programmes go out FTA, so why the difference between Wales and Scotland, where Sportscene's occasional (more so this season!!) European specials are always blocked??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by CHRISTYG
    The difference being that on BBC2W, the programmes go out FTA

i wish

it's not just BBC2 Scotland who does this. it also happens on BBC2 Northern Ireland. why this happens i don't know. could it be that a lot of the local sport that BBC2 Wales shows also goes out on S4C Digidol, in some shape or form, and is free across the UK?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭NorthDown

I suspect it's because the BBC has rights to Heineken Cup rugby. They stepped in to broadcast the championship the year Ulster won when the English teams refused to get involved. The Celtic League also gets broadcast on 2W throughout the UK. S4C do not have the rights to Heineken Cup (I mailed them recently about this) though they do also have Celtic League rights (usually Tuesday night match).
    Before I get too carried away and claim that the BBC has complete rights to Heineken Cup, I noticed last year ITV sport had live rights to one match (which British Eurosport had the previous year). Does anyone know where these matches are likely to appear this season?
    I've been pointing out to the BBC that we could have interactive Heineken Cup - Friday nights - one feed from 2NI (Ravenhill), one feed from2W (a Welsh match) on DTT.
    I'd appreicate feedback on the ITV Sport H-Cup match and where it's likely to appear (ITV2?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭CHRISTYG

And sometimes we have the daft situation where a Celtic League match at Ravenhill can only be seen live on BBC2W, as BBC2NI, for some stupid reason, won't show the Celtic League!

Advertisement