Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Pal conversion: best and worse

Options
  • 17-07-2002 9:01pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Black Borders really piss me off so here are the main offenders first.
    1. FFX - 6 months. 6 bloody months they had to make a decent conversion of the already translated US version. And what do we get. The biggest, blackest borders i've ever seen in a game, period. It's a shame because it really takes a lot away from the game. Just look at the wonderful full screen movies on the DVD. Lets hope square do a better job of Kingdom Hearts.

2. Devil May Cry - Basically Capcom didn't give a toss about a PAL conversion. And they deserved all the stick they got.

3. Zone of Enders - Not the worst but could be a lot better.

And the best!
    1. Maximo - Almost no borders what so ever. At least Capcom learned they're lesson.

2. Metal Gear Solid 2 - A great attempt by Konami and it pays off even in this graphically intense game. It was also done in less time than it took Square with FFX.

I know i've forgotten some so feel free to post your opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

ICO's PAL conversion was pretty much perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Shinji
    ICO's PAL conversion was pretty much perfect.

Only beaten by the PAL60 option.
    Now thats customer care.
    :)

FFX is indeed horrible but its a bit like Final Fantasy when it was released on the PC, the Geforce cards has these annoying horizontal lines but after a day or two, a patch was released for it(after 20 hours of looking through them though, patch was useless).

I dont understand why most games cannot incorporate a PAL60 option too as most games are not faced with FFX issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Dunno about the PS2, but all the street fighter games on the dreamcast were really bad conversions with horrible borers, I'd say its the same on PS2 though, but i havent played them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Capcom hate Europe. If the PAL conversion of Resident Evil isn't up to scratch, I'll cry. Or import.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the Maximo conversion was done brilliantly with almost no borders and are mostly covered by the black bit around my TV. It seems after Devil May Cry Capcom got hundreds of complaints about their dreadful Pal conversions and now have started doing decent conversions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,373 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Another thing if you think that including the dark aeons was a good idea it's not. there is a dark valefor sitting outside besaid village who kills me by doing 9999 to everyone before i get a go. Inside Besaid village is Al Bhed primer 2 which i forgot and now can't get to.

Advertisement