Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dice!

Options
  • 17-07-2002 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

so,how many kinds of dice do you have??
    i have:
    a d6
    a d3
    a d4
    d10
    d%
    d20
    d8

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

add to that d12s and make everything plural and that's mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

but that's not important 'cause it's my...

100th POST!!!!!

:):p:D :cool: :eek: :p:):D

my god, i'm sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Did anyone else almost wet themselves when Forbidden Planet started stocking dice again? No? Shame.

Oh, and friend of mine, notorious gamesmaster he is, has a round d6. It works via countered innards with a ball bearing, only needless to say, not very well.

Er, that would be "countoured innards", and incidentally, last night I reached my 100th post on Veg Rev (another message board, cretins). Which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Smiley

I have to say that I truthfully have no idea what the hellcrap everyone's talking about here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:confused:

[request] EXPLAIN. [/request]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

dice for pen and paper rpgs,
    useful little thingys :)
    course a electronic random number picker is a nice replacment.
    even if they are jst for showing off (no i dont have one, a mate does though)

ack, i hate frbidden planet. I got mine in Sub City. That place has a special place i n my heart. I bought the D&D player's guide in there, and haven't eaten in weeks.(literally)

OOH! Who is better? Kevin <manager of Forbidden Planet> or Richie <He Who Is Subcity>? Personally... Richie's cool, but kevin DOES have that autographed pic by vasquez.... erm... I've talked to richie more so he wins!

GO SUBCITY! ... erm... GO FORBES! ... who's up for Octocon?! AND GAELCON!

erm... but yes... dice eh?

Who here remembers when Virgin <the one that's closed now> used to stock dice at the upstairs counter? And who remembers me nearly crying when they stopped it <every week i'd arrive in - Got any d4's yet? Come on! They're really common! ... you mean you've stopped ordering new dice? I'll take 15 d6's!!!! ... twas quite sad of me really... never did get the d4 there either...>

anyway. Shutting up time eh?

Y'know, I've never been to this "Sub City". There are a few reasons for this:
    a) I generally leave my room as little as possible, and only for good reasons like sitting under a tree in Stephen's Green or meeting my other half at the old train station, and
    b) getting to this Sub City involves more walking than getting to Forbidden Planet. I think.

I dunno, i find FP is way too commercial now. It was cool back in its original location when i bought Wolverine: Triumphs and Tragidies.

But SC is all underground and stuff. and the guys are all sound

• Advertisement

Is Sub City the place that used to have a Storm Trooper in the window, or is that somewhere completely different. Excuse my ignorance, it's just my knowledge of outside isn't quite breath-taking.

I do know where the good trees are in Stephen's Green, though.

Mr. Arse, we must meet to enjoy the green someday.

SubCity... is... <realises has lost 90% of memories of everything>... fun.

And forbidden planet is in many ways more underground than sub city. Sub City stopped selling all the irish comics <the small ones by wannabes>. I know this cause of a cousin who wants to break into the industry. So... um... there.

Indeed, m'Lord. Heh, Baldrick, you crazy diamond...

Aaaah, yes, FP's irish Comics... (realises he completely feckerd up the capitalisation there, but gives a toss not)

Just beside the 'megazine' sign, which if I remember, provided a moment s******ing. You had to be there. And, er, be in a position to see the relevance. Even then, it had all the comic value of Benny Hill.

"... and say 'Wibble'" Personal favourite Blackadder line.

But aye... heheh... forbes <as i call it>.

Go to subcity though. Fun place <if too small>.

aye... must meet this arse guy. sounds fun.

:p
    Yup ,ole GWH is treeeeemendous fun...
    Ish...

Er, anyone got any clues to what I might have written in the "provided a moment s******ing" bit... I mean, I can't for the life of me remember, and I can't fit any profanity in there, and this is really quite agitatting, and yes I am annoyed by stupid little things, and quite anally retentive at times too, I've all my books, CDs, videos, games et al stacked in a certain manner, and anyone who dares place a fingerprint upon my GBA's glorious screen is really very much in for it, and dear gods that a helluva lot of commas, oh look I've gone cross-eyed, why is everywhere in town out of a Clockwork Orange, it makes no sense?

And breath.

Advertisement