Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Available] Room to rent in Waterford for college year

Options
  • 17-07-2002 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for 2 people (male or female) to share a room for the college year in a house in Waterford. I'm having trouble finding people to take a double room cos most of my friends are in 3rd/4th year and need space to study which is why I need to look further afield.
    The house is 1.3 miles from the main campus, it's only a year old and it's in excellent condition. Rent is 60 Euros per week.
    I can't afford to wait until college is back because I need to pay the deposit shortly.
    Kalina

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

have you had any replies yet?
    is it possible to have a picture posted?
    could you post more details about the room for rent, and what things your giving access to in the house?
    feel free to pm me
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by Kalina
    The house is 1.3 miles from the main campus

What area exactly..?
    Ardkeen is that distance approx.
    I lived in Maypark Village for a while and that is a really nice area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

arkeen is alot further than 1.3 miles from the college.

Im sure you are right SheroN, but i did only say approx.
    I doubt its more than 2 but heh, i stand to be corrected on that one.
    :)

hey chernobyl, care to share a room
    hehe ;)

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BEAT
    hey chernobyl, care to share a room
    hehe ;)

If you dont mind moving to Dublin..then no problem.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The house is at the bottom of the Folly Hill right past Ursuline and it's 1.3 miles away from the main campus, measured it in the car myself.

Is there nobody out there who needs a place to stay next year?? Anybody waiting on CAO results and ye decide on Waterford give me a shout, I guarantee that the place is in excellent condition.

I dont think its that there isnt anyone out there, for me, after thinking about tbh, the price you are asking to share a room with someone is a bit high... plus there are just not a lot of people willing to share a room with someone, privacy and all that.
    That would be an okay amount to ask if the room were lived in alone, or even raise the rent amount to 400 for one person...just a suggestion.
    For me, after a closer look the location wasnt good for me for where I will be working,
    but Good luck in your search!!
    :D

Beat, I see what you're saying but I have a major problem. It's not my house, the landlord gave it to me on the grounds that I filled it. He was asking 1200 per month for 3 people but I managed to beat him down to 1000 per month. I'd love to give the room to one person but I'll never make the rent. Between 3 of us it will be 84 per week and I can't stretch to that on a grant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,385 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by BEAT
    plus there are just not a lot of people willing to share a room with someone, privacy and all that.
    Ah sure, there is often 10 students to a house ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Victor

Ah sure, there is often 10 students to a house ;)
    and only 4 of them paying ;)

sorry, my bad.
    Guess I just would'nt do that myself as I enjoy my privacy, but I guess that comes with age.

Good Luck all the same Kalina!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭cmkrnl

God be with the days when I shared a house in Greenbank, Ashley Court and it cost me £60/month. That was lot back then LOL.

Greg (ex WIT inmate)

Any Leaving Cert students out there who might be coming down to Waterford this year? The room is still available!!!!!

On the off chance that anyone actaully takes an interest in this ad the room is gone.

Advertisement