Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 XDA - anyone have it?

Options
  • 17-07-2002 10:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

The XDA has been launched right? (Saw the beautiful Glenda Gibson playing with it in the Irish Examiner!!)

How good is it? I went into an O2 shop in Limerick today and was disappointed to be told by the attendant that they weren't going to be given SIMS to give live demonstrations of the device browsing the web over GPRS.

He demoed the offline capabilities alright and I thought it looked great! Everything seemed really fast and the screen looked great.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's not being officially released until the 22nd.

http://www1.o2.ie/xda

adam

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Some dealers have had it for at least 6 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I was in the o2 store in Henry st today, the guy in there said it's going to be around €700....methinks it will flop at an outrageous price like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Originally posted by eth0_
    I was in the o2 store in Henry st today, the guy in there said it's going to be around €700....methinks it will flop at an outrageous price like that.
    I don't think so, because it actually has the exact same spec as my Ipaq, and I paid £450 for that brand new this time last year. The Ipaq is a wonderful device if you can get it connected to even a small network, let alone the Internet (over GPRS). So saying that the €700 price tag, wouldn't discourage me. It's the cost of the service that would. :(

I know a few people who would be interested in such a device, but to me it's just and Ipaq running PocketPC 2002, with built in GPRS & Bluetooth cababilities. It's also the first device to rip out the line between PC and phone.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭XbLaDe

Ive had a chance to use the xda for a couple of months. Its very fast and the quality on the screen is excellent. The mobile phone features were a bit dissapointing but then again its hard to match Nokia's mobile phone OS.

The cost is a bit pricy but the product is primary aimed at the SME and corporate market. I actually taught it was going to be around the €800 euro mark, o well we will see on the 22nd :)

If any of you get one it might be an idea to pay the €4 insurance every month ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

Originally posted by phobos
    I don't think so, because it actually has the exact same spec as my Ipaq, and I paid £450 for that brand new this time last year.

I think the deciding difference is that its actually a phone too... and as you said has gprs built in.

< Cond0r >

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by phobos

it's just and Ipaq running PocketPC 2002, with built in GPRS & Bluetooth cababilities

no integrated bluetooth on the XDA, would be possible to use an SD Bluetooth card (e.g. from Toshiba) but that would take up the expansion slot. it would have benefitted from integrated bluetooth for a headset connection

the convergence of the phone and pda will appeal to some, i'm still in the pda plus handset connecting over bluetooth camp though

atb
    Brian G

Advertisement