Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netsystem problem

Options
  • 18-07-2002 1:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I know that this might not be the right place for such a post , but i frequent these boards a lot and i know a few members here are on this service so i was hoping they could help.
    i have a hauppauge nexus card with 2.08c drivers installed , i can connect to the vpn and the software sees the netsystem satellite but once logged on the connection just sits there !! I think if there is data transfer then the smiley icon in the sys tray should turn from dark green to a light green showing data transfer , well no such luck !
    An help would be welcome. Thanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

The vpn dial-up will log on even if the satellite signal is not being recieved, it connects 2 way via your dial-up. If it a new set up are you sure you have entered all the settings correctly for the sat card. If you have changed sat cards you will need to contact netsystem to have your account transferred to the new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

Did you get the activation email yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Thanx guys have confirmed via the online user profile that my mac address is correct and my settings i'm sure are right :
    Frequency : 12721
    Symbol rate : 22000 H
    PID : 451 decimal
    Filtering : MAC address filtering

I can view free fta channels and getting over 80% signal strength.
    I've been activated for over a month now and i'm still none the wiser.This one has me stumped.Oh and i'm not using a firewall either. Trying to find professional help ( for my connection and my head ! ).

So can anyone help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

I notice you've posted about it on ispreview as well. Did you ever check the lnb? Also, can you get tv from every other free to air channel at 19.2?

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

make sure you have the right transponder selected (112)
    if i watch the telly with DVB Viewer then try to connect to netsystem
    it seems to load but i have no traffic, it needs the right transponder selected again.

wormhole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭chopster

Yes bkehoe checked the lnb and its alright and i think i'm able to view all fta that are available as i'm not sure what they all are but i seem to be able to see a fair few.

Wormhole , this one is new to me ....the correct transponder.....now how do i go about checking that out ?
    Can't seem to find anywhere that relates to this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 wormhole

well since my card is a skystar2 (i got it from europe online)
    my drivers are not the same as yours, the configuration
    program must have some way of setting the desired transponder
    search your manual for a referance to it.
    im not at home at the moment so i can't even look at my own setup

try this link it may help http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/html/dvb_data.htm

good luck

wormhole

Advertisement