Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freelance agents

• 05-01-2001 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭

Havok,

I've been toying around with graphic design / programming myself, and came across two which may be of interest (I haven't used either though!)

New Media CV, a web and multimedia recruitment company who keep you on their database and forward you any relevant jobs:
    http://www.newmediacv.com/
    Based near St. Stephen's Green (awful name!)

Aquent
    Talent agency for Web & tech.
    http://www.aquent.com/
    Also have an office in Dublin

Good luck!
    /Rory

PS I love the two Havok designs you've done, especially the current one in your sig. What do you use?

[This message has been edited by Thrasher (edited 05-01-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

A lot of the recruitment places will do this too. I think Marlbrough group tried to push me this way as they would in the end make more money from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

The sig's i've done where made in photoshop.
    Thx for the help m8.
    If any1 else has more links and the like please stick them up.
    Cheers

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

I'm despreatly seeking a company that acts as an agent for freelance work.

Last year there was a lad on my course who worked as a freelance graphic designer during the course. Bacicly The company would sent him out a brief and it was his choise to accept it or decline it.

Any werk he did the agency took somthing like 35% - 40% of the profit, the rest was his.
    Unfortunatly i've lost contact with the fella and wonding if any has heard of any companys that do this?

I'm trained as a graphic/web/game designer / 3d modeler / animater / texture artist.
    I've been getting some odd jobs and ends myself but its hard to find them and to be honest way to much hassle sorting out payment and the like.

I do some project werk @ home for myself during my spare time, but sorta hard to get motivated on somthing if ur just doing it for the sake of practice.

If any1 has any info on a company like this, or mabye how to find 1 it would be much appricated.

Clan Acid
    Clan Bio
    HavokLogo2.jpg

Advertisement