Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A call to Marine and Natural Resources dpt

Options
  • 18-07-2002 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

i gave Marine and Natural Resources dpt a call today after no forth comming responce to my follow up Mail . I spoke to a representative there who responded to my previous mails.

I pushed her on a responce to flate rate internet access and eircoms monopoly.
    she responded by saying her dpt is dealing with the rollout of broadband and is ill equiped to deal with the issues surrounding eircom and flat rate dial up and refered me to the regulator. I informed her that the regulator from my perspective cannot! demand anything from eircom due to the lack of power.

she also refered me to the E-minister who i quickly pointed out that when the E-minister was as about Flat Rate dial up in the dial she quickly refered the the question back to the dpt of Marine and Natural Resources.

Feeling being pushed into a corner with all these facts she responded saying.. i have responded to your quiry and i need to go to lunch i can do nothing about eircom or flat rate internet access.

so there you have it.... we have pen pushers responding to political issues of which they have no authority to do anything about!
    Basicly this issue has been placed firmly in the waste paper basket! :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by BoneCollector
    she also refered me to the E-minister who i quickly pointed out that when the E-minister was as about Flat Rate dial up in the dial she quickly refered the the question back to the dpt of Marine and Natural Resources.
    That's interesting since it the minister of her own department, Dermot Ahern, who is directly responsible for regulatory affairs and the ODTR.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

good one Bone,

i think you maybe on to something here..this kinda of dog witha bone approach could reap rewards...i have reached the point here i am say **** it -- im gonna write to bertie ahern

does anyone have have connections to a friendly journalist who doesnt just reprint i-stream comments who will follow this type of track Bone has shown?

a good embarassing sunday paper laugh would quciken the move i think...

Advertisement