Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info request........Multimedia and gaming

• 12-01-2001 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi all,

My brv is doing a proj for school and he needs to find out the names of at least 20 games/multimedia companies operating in the Dublin area.

Can you guys post some company names pls!!!

Cheers 'n beers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Tell him to open the friggin Yellow Pages. Lazy student twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Here's a coupl'a starting points:

http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search/ukie?p=multimedia+dublin&y=i

{L ong Yahoo URL}

http://www.dobbler.com/ (Wicklow)

http://www.dolmen.ie/ Dame St., Dublin 2

http://www.cssaudiovisual.com/ Clontarf Road, Dublin 3.

http://www.combinedmedia.ie/ (I'd reccommend these guys - they're partners of our company)

Oh, and do a search on www.niceone.com and www.altavista.ie for "Multimedia Dublin"

That should just about do it... right?

bard2.gif

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 17-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

nice links bard i'll be checking them out meself at some point in the future

(me stirs big pot of **** now)
    hey diamond how come you posted your question in the work board, hey wait a minute your that warez guy aren't you. what do you want to do then, crack these companies software and offer it on the black and warez markets...

tehe only joking tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Havas have an operation in East Point.

Rondomundo is the multimedia 'content' subsidairy of eircom

[Nsk]Victor
    [NSK]MAC10ASSASSIN
    Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.
    I know things about pigeons, Lily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 diamond_geezer

Thanx a lot guys.......my bruv is very gr8ful!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Bard, you gullible twát.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lucutus:
    Bard, you gullible twát.</font>

I don't appreciate that, Luc. It was un-called for.

Really- without flattering myself, it seems sometimes that you browse the pages of boards.ie to find my postings and reply to them pointing out how stupid they appear in your opinion.

I'm sure you've plenty of better things to do than that. I took 2 minutes of my time out to give the guy a hand with a few links. Your posting was irrelevant and unhelpful.

Give me a f**kin' break, man!

bard2.gif

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

well f*cking done Bard, don't mind what others have to say
    you were doing a good things helping someones brother with a project well done bud wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

what was lucs response in aid of anyway, why is he being gullible???

/me shrugs... who knows!?

• Advertisement

Bard,

If you had been paying attention to the boards we read, diamond_geezer, is actually looking for a job, (apparently as a warez kid), in any one of the above companies.

The nice story about the "brother's project" is possibly true, but not probably true.

Hence the gullible comment.

You never really know someone until you live with them, isn't that what they say?

Now you are talking Bard...give us all a break and stop.

Luc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    ... example ?</font>

A full list would take me all day, but the best example that comes to mind is here, http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum19/HTML/000050.html
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    I don't ever claim to be an expert in anything, by the way.
    </font>

Can you put something to that effect in your signature?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

/me cowers at the X_OR/Lucutus/Spod collective.
    PH33R. wink.gif

.logic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by X_OR:

A full list would take me all day, but the best example that comes to mind is here, http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum19/HTML/000050.html

</font>

Not much of an example, that. That thread is an example of me offering my 'opinion'. Never there did I claim that opinion to come from any 'technical expertise' on the subject matter (Java).
    Can you put something to that effect in your signature?</font>

I can of course. That doesn't mean that I will.

Jeez, Bard, Calm down, I'm not trying to have a go at you. I should have phrased it differently. I'm just concerned that people will read your "opinions" and think that they're are well informed, or that you are an expert in the field. You claimed somewhere to be a "good programmer" for example. I suppose as long as no one is hiring you to develop anything, or for consultancy, then there's no real harm done.

I'm just concerned that people will read your "opinions" and think that they're are well informed, or that you are an expert in the field.</font>

Usually my opinions are well informed. However, just as anyone else, I'm not infallible and I do make mistakes and bad judgements. I'd disagree with the notion that this happens more often than not - ... but that Java thread may have been one example of it happening.
    You claimed somewhere to be a "good programmer" for example.</font>

Being perfectly honest, I don't recall that. If I did say so, I'll readily retract it. While I'm always learning, I'm not particularly advanced in programming, and I don't claim to be - but in my job, I don't particularly need to be.
    I suppose as long as no one is hiring you to develop anything, or for consultancy, then there's no real harm done.</font>

Just to put you in the picture, X_OR, I'm a web developer (more specifically, a "designer") in a small Dublin based e-commerce company. I develop web sites using a variety of technologies including ASP and I have done a certain amount of consultancy in the past. Due to the nature and make-up of the teams I work with, and the library of code we've built up, I don't have to have an advanced understanding of programming, be it in ASP or any other language. That's largely irrelevant anyway as the particular area of expertise which I hone in on is design and not programming. At the same time, I am learning more and more about ASP, Database management, etc. as I go.

I happen to think that I do my job well and I've built up a decent amount of knowledge and expertise in the fields of work I concentrate specifically on - those mainly being but (not confined to) design and layout. That aside, all I can ever offer is my opinion and I doubt I'll ever claim to be a total "expert" in any field, unlike some perfectly pretentious folk I could (but won't!) mention.

I hope this clears up a couple of things. I maintain that anyone who thinks they know me or know my "sort" purely through my postings on boards.ie needs a reality check. This thread has unsurprisingly gone way off topic and been blown way out of proportion. You can imagine how little I'd like to see it continue becoming a "Bard-bashing" thread... there's really no need for it.

Thanks,

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

hush hush sweet charlotte.....
    someone asked a question, someone answered in a manner that helped them.
    you want muppetry, goto the quake board....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

There's only one way to settle this: a kickboxing fight to the death!!!!11!! Failing that, handbags at dawn should do it.

Bard.

I'm awfully sorry. I don't know what came over me. If I'd known that you were a respected professional, I'd never have doubted any of your opinions.

Bard.

I'm awfully sorry. I don't know what came over me. If I'd known that you were a respected professional, I'd never have doubted any of your opinions.
    </font>

yeah yeah... you know where sarcasm will get you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

And I'm a nearly well paid advanced network and systems trouble shooter for an International fortune 500 company.

God you can make any job sound good when you try.

.logic.

Maybe I'm less eager than yourself to judge a book by it's cover and to form a snap opinion about someone... maybe not. A question was asked and I provided a more than adequate answer. If you think I'm gullible in this respect that's fine for you, but you could have kept it to yourself as it contributed nothing to the thread.

As for "If you want to know me, come live with me", - granted: you shared a house with me for a short period of time. Apart from you not being there a lot of the time and us not actually getting into conversation much when we were both there, it's been repeatedly shown that you never actually 'got to know me' (and I'm sure the reverse - on my part - is also quite true).

- so please... don't presume to know or understand me any better than you actually do... and kindly quit telling me how to behave.

This isn't IRC.

Thank you,

bard2.gif

I wonder why I wasn't there a lot of the time?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

- so please... don't presume to know or understand me any better than you actually do... and kindly quit telling me how to behave.

This isn't IRC.

</font>

Perhaps I know you just a little more than you seem to think I do.

As for telling you how to behave, no, I just don't want to have to read anymore of your postings here, they do annoy me so. Some are actually entertaining, they're that misinformed and misguided. But then, you're hardly to blame for that? Are you?

However, earlier in this thread you asked for a 'break', and any irritation about your postings etc. is entirely on my part, so I will endeavour to refrain from comments such as the above, (which, BTW are so short and unexplanatory exactly BECAUSE I don't have the time to pick at them and hunt them all down with a fine tooth comb!), and either 1) put a hell of a lot more effort and time into why and how the majority of your postings are complete and utter muppetry or 2) just not bother at all.

I haven't decided yet, but will probably go for the latter.

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,280 ✭✭✭regi

meow!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> I wonder why I wasn't there a lot of the time?</font>

You can't blame that on me. The place was a kip and you had better places to be. Most of the time, I - unfortunately - didn't.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Perhaps I know you just a little more than you seem to think I do.</font>

You know very little about me. It's as simple as that.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">any irritation about your postings etc. is entirely on my part</font>

Yep - I haven't seen anyone else so irritated by my postings.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the majority of your postings are complete and utter muppetry</font>

Pure opinion... and an opinion, at that, that doesn't need to be voiced so rudely (or voiced at all, to be honest). It's an opinion, also, which in my own opinion is utter b0llocks ... but there you go.

If you've nothing to add to a thread other than calling me a muppet, it seems a bit pointless making the posting in the first place. Although I may be, I wouldn't expect to be alone in believing that.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I haven't decided yet, but will probably go for the latter.</font>

I'd recommend that.

Have a nice day smile.gif

{ Bard }

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

We all live with *******s we don't like.
    Live with it.

Gav

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    Yep - I haven't seen anyone else so irritated by my postings.</font>

Well, there is me at least. You might be a nice enough chap, I just get annoyed when you offer your "technical expertise".

Well, there is me at least. You might be a nice enough chap, I just get annoyed when you offer your "technical expertise".</font>

... example ?

I don't ever claim to be an expert in anything, by the way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement