Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

your own club

• 18-07-2002 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

if u could design you own club what would it be like?how many levels,capacity,lighting,dj's,music policymdoor policy where it would be etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭DeeJ

oooooh good question derek.

Mine would be called KARMA (my tattoo is samurai kanji for karma and its my biggest belief)

it would be three floors, the bottom 2 would be pretty much the same thing. the walls would be royal purple or royal blue, with shelves that sink into the wall with glass type stuff over them. inside would be lava lamps and all those crazy type lights(camp as christmas i know).

thered be a deadly laser intelligent lightinf type system, the dj would be on the 2nd floor overlooking the two floors. the bars would be along the end with seating at the sides.

huge dancefloor, the floor would be this thing where its seethrough with coloured liquid underneath on a white litup background so when you step on it the liquid moves around your foot.

the top floor would be a chillout zone with an inhouse masseuse. the room would be done all moroccon, deep colours and lots of gold and drapey canopy type things around the walls. Thered be no dancefloor here, just a dj playing ambient stuff and loats of really comfy deep sinky couches where people can sit around and flake.

that is all so far

woops i forgot, door policy would be neat dress & id essential, try to aim it at 19 - 22 year olds particularly.

music would be different depending on the night (never garage tho!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

had an idea the other day turn the old virgin megastore into a three level club it would be class. we need somewhere like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

id call mine superclub 53 and id have fank keneddy as resident and superstar guests like dave pearse and lisa lashes

hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Lisa Lavish

mine wud b spirit!!!!wat a club but id change the music to hard tech trance&techno!!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Derek_S

dee that sounds cool,yea agree with your idea about virgin megastore that would be class ste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

diff floors for diff sounds and a chillout room with pool included.
    me and me mate talked for a good ten minutes about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

DeeJ, I like the cut of your jib (ie That sounds like a rather good club you got there). But my only criticism regards the age of admission. The idea regarding the chillout room with the masseuse caught my attention, but I couldn't see that taking off with younger clubbers. They are a little bit more (for the lack of a better word) "giddy" when it comes to clubbing. Their usually found pacing from one end of the club to the other all night, causing those unexplainable accidents on stairs etc. The masseuse would have to cost extra once your in the club, otherwise it wouldn't have that new idea feel to it for too long, coz everybody would be like "done that, now let's demand something else from our fine club".

I'm a DJ myself (tribal funky house/ progressive), and have been for a good few years. I've had my playing in clubs experience, and at one point became very aware of things that worked in clubs for a business perspective. I never really got my hands dirty from that perspective, but I did help organise club nights when I was in college. So that would of been things like dealing with drink promos, making sure I got the gig :D, etc. It's an interesting topic, and it needs to be addressed to a science, in order to pull it off. One small slip up, and you could find a lonely DJ, and a hand full of red necks hopping around the dance floor, fueled with drink, and have no idea where they are. That's bad, I've seen it.

On the otherhand designing a club a certain way, and the type of DJ's you employ will instantly decide the type of clubbers you want in your club. No club will appeal to everyone, so forget that fantasy, but your goal is to generate loyalty amongst the people, by most importantly giving a good first impression. Something that you know, they will like. The club you have described so far appeals to me, you've got my attention. I'm male, and 22.

;-phobos-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

ok so didnt ne1 actually read that last post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fanstico

I did. Shut up michael!

• Advertisement

i love u too

you dont love her you dont even know her

Jeez Lou-ise

yea i read it it's a fair point phobos,dee's club still rules

yeah it does doesnt it?

probably due to the fact that I rule.

Seriously i would love to open my own club, i know it would be savage

so would i always day dream about damn it i want to win the lotto

i was thinking about that yesterday on the bus, that i won the lotto and i had a huge gaff built and opened a superclub and got my dream bike and my dream cars.

did you ever do that and start gettin all excited? i started to think i had actually won and i missed my stupid-head bus stop and had to walk. But i was still all excited and i was walkin real fast cos i wanted to tell mt ma that i won, and then i stopped to cross the road and it just hit me that i hadnt won.

my head was melted

yea yesterday i did it walking to work i was damn convinced i was gonna wi the lotto,some day i'll have my own club damn it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Im_Not_Here

My club would be somewhere warm and sunny with a swimming pool and a terrace.

Havent thought about the interior much but marble would have a play in the design.

Music styles would be rotated so that there was something for everyone.

where abouts wud u have it tohugh? ireland? dublin?

i tihnk it wud probaly be better abroad cos of clubbing being ****e here but then again u do need decent clubs here.

i have fully tohught of mine but i know i wud have at least 2 rooms, one with just irish djs and the other with international djs.

Advertisement