Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ebeon to close?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

thats terrible frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Yep sorry about that Kharn fancy a job in Galway? Give us a shout.

Kayos

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Here's the official word (from an ex-employee)

ebeon were told by our main shareholder (eircom) that we were going to inject cash which we needed to stay alive. On numerous occasions, they had said they would. Our CEO took their word as their bond, but to cut a long story short, they decided they're not going to give us the money and now we have ceased trading (as of 3pm ish today).

Tomorrow was supposed to be pay-day, but we don't have the cash to be paid, so there are now 170 (worldwide) employees with no jobs and no money.

Naturally enough, I'm gutted at this. I've got no job, no cash and I can't even buy a train ticket back to Mayo (my Mum's coming up in the morning to get me). Couple this with the fact that I'm supposed to be paying my rent, phone bill, electricity and various loans out of my account tomorrow and I can't. I really don't know what I'm going to do (financially), but I'm pretty sure I can sort another job soon (I'll mail you kayos).

So, this is the last post I'll be making to these boards from my desk in ebeon. You guys probably won't see me around for a while, so until then, be good!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 18-01-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Holy Fúckin' Shít!!!

Very sorry to hear that Kharn, I hope you find something else soon.

The bástards, how could they do that to all their employees the day before payday. Surely there's some legal stance they have to be paid for the work they've done over the past month/fortnight/week?

Anyone know anything about this sort of thing?

Luc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Sorry to hear that Dab.

They did cut your contract with no notice so you are intitled to compensation. You should look in to getting it.

thefanj.gif

Clan Acid

• Advertisement

No point trying to get compo from a company that hasn't even got the cash to pay me my wages Tom...

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

Well considering Eircom own 51% of the stock, wouldn't that make them legally responsible for expenses?

Redesigned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 [Neil0r]

RRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR @ Eircum.

Surely to christ Ebeon were profitable?

nethousegames

[This message has been edited by [Neil0r] (edited 19-01-2001).]

It's a long story, but it goes something like this:
    ebeon London was s resource leech - the country manager was fired cause he was ripping us off (this came from the CEO). No matter what happened, it was going to be closed.
    ebeon New York was still relatively new, but was starting to make money (was doing BIG business with AOL/Time-Warner)
    ebeon California was an R & D place and so would never really make money.
    ebeon Milan - we didn't have our office sorted out yet - there were 2 employees doing the ground work and then we were gonna open properly.
    ebeon Dublin - a highly profitable and successful business - serious clients (Eircell, Bank of Ireland, Irish Life and Permanent, Jurys Doyle Hotels, VHI, Irish Stock Exchange, the list goes on).

What we thought Eircom would do (which would have made logical sense) was have an Examiner appointed who would then go on and sell off resources in the other countries and keep Dublin going.

It's all messy and I can't really go any further than that on a public forum (I've probably already said too much).

Anyway, it's a sad story and one Eircom could have prevented, but they chose not to. They're not too high on my list of favourite people right now and if I ever met Alfie Keane or their new CFO (who seems to be making a play to buy Eircom).

Anyway - no stress - we got paid due to a problem with the bank and that's all I was worried about!!!

Be good - I'll talk to y'all soon!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

kharn, gimme your cv and i'll see if i can get you something quick?>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Has the company been declared bankrupt? I'm sure there's something legal there for getting yer money, if not of Ebeon directly, off eircum instead. Is anyone looking in to it, or are ye just taking it for granted that its gone?

Oh, Kharn I know the real reason their closing is case of all them phone calls :P

Sorry to hear about it and all.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Lump: they got paid, some clerical error at the bank caused the delay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Lol I read about the mistake on AIB's side in the sbp Lol that happend me before and if you have the money gone there aint much they can do about it redface.gif). What was withthe BMW give a way for finding new staff??? from what I read it honestly looks like the management were spending to fast. But anywho thats just my opinion.

kayos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Decay

Bloody Hell!!!

A bank mistake in your favour?????

Go out and buy lottery tickets right now!! biggrin.gif

}:-)

Chapter Fifteen,Elementary Necromancy', she read out loud. 'Lesson One:
    Correct Use of Shovel...'
    -- (Terry Pratchett, Jingo)

You misunderstand...

It was a clerical error at the bank that CAUSED us to get paid - we weren't supposed to!

FÚCKIN' TAKE IT AIB!!!

All the best,
    kharn_sig.gif

Advertisement