Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goth Hunting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Whilst I heartily disagree with the whole "he wears black and paints his nails and therefore is a Goth" stereotype, and let's face it, there are very few true Goths left. However, that page is damn funny!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

no. Go to hell, Mcd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Yes, MCD should go to hell because they couldn't organise a shag in a whore house.

McDara on the other hand, shouldn't go to hell. He should go to a happy place called Sweden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

dude, calm down, its a satire :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Y'know, it's funny... any real goths I know
    a) don't mope all day, and
    b) are THE best source for goth jokes/satire.

For a bunch of humourless dullards, they sure know how to poke fun at themselves, the crazy fiends!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I have no goth but I must hunt?

I know,
    compairing us to the sterotype, this year at session one, we were pretty much the happiest goths ever :) (I was classed as a goth just because I wear black :) apparantly in ireland thats all you need to do to be one here)

I wear black cause of my build and hair <black suits blondes>. And yet i, of the golden hair, am a "goth"? YOU FECKWITS!

black makes my stomach stick out less then other colours :)

edit: that and its my fav colour, ohh david borenezz(or how ever you spell it) come to me my love!

Yeps... hence "suits my build". I said it nicer y'see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Shoeless Ailbhe

I agree wit the teapot, lordsippa, coz black rocks and it suits him and he no goth..... but feckwit? What kinda word is that! Where are the***'s !!

Oh and hows America?
    Al :-)

Originally posted by lordsippa
    I wear black cause of my build and hair <black suits blondes>. And yet i, of the golden hair, am a "goth"? YOU FECKWITS!

I've been asked more than once if I'm a goth. I was wearing dark blue jeans and a League of Gentlemen t-shirt. I despair, I really do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

You're gonna die s0l, now, which way?
    a)kill you, skin and hang you from a lampost,
    b)kill you, and put your head on a spike outside my house to scare away all the scumbags,
    c) kill you, and wear you skin as a jacket,
    d) kill you, skin you, and use it as a poster?
    e) all of the above (somehow).

Aha! I was wearing a black t-shirt with a batman logo on it, blue jeans and a short black jacket and i was also sporting BRIGHT BLONDE HAIR! GODDAMIT!

<ahem>

And sim, if you really want someone dead just put them in a room with me, give me aphrodisiacs, lock the door and block your ears. Hehehehe... truly a fate worse than... um... not dying?

Today I purchased ChuChu Rocket!, and now I am reassuringly livvid (in a good way). To my knowledge, goths don't, nay can't, get livvid. This is why it's reassuring.

i just wear black because it reflects the cold, black heart in my chest.

okay, hmm, I didnt mean any offence to any goth out there
    its all in good humor anyway, I mean whats life if you cant laugh at yourself? :)

i mock, not laugh.

Hmm... do goths taste any good? And how would one properly prepare one?

And vampiric crap isn't "goth". That's what is known as "baby bat" and is mocked worldwide <sorry sim, but you know it's true>. Unfortunately many baby bats are damn sexy and wear all that cool goth clothing to enhance that <like you sim> so... stupid... bloody... grr... hrmm... miaow!

I see / Oh well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

I like it, very funny :)

Its just sad that everyone doesnt get the joke :)
    Today I purchased ChuChu Rocket!
    That game fúcking rocks! :)

A

Indeedy it does! But, alas, the theme tune's not on the GBA version!

*sobs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Bazookatone

At one point, people called me a goth because I wear black a lot. This is stupid, because I have dressed in predominantly black clothes since I was seven years old, before the word Goth even came into regular use.

The thing is, if you ask an ordinary joe, and by this I mean a scanger standing at a corner with a fag in his hand, what a goth is, they'll say "A person who, like, wears black and listens to Korn, y'know". In fact, what they mean is

"A person who doesn't, like, dress in tacky looking Nike and Adidas everything, from shoes, trousers, jumpers and a cap riding high on their heads, the way I do and who doesn't, y'know, listen to the depressingly talentless crap spouted out by Oasis and Atomic Kitten, like I do. Oi mean oi know that they listen to Nirvana and that's ok, cos I love Nirvana. MY favourite Nirvana song? that one that smells like teen spirit. Do I know any other Nirvana songs, well no I don't actually cos I'm a dumbass."

By the way, I think in the next ten years, it's possible that a gang war will erupt in Ireland, with the scangers and scumbags on one side, and Goths, metalheads, skateboarders, nerds and every other marginalised faction. With the combined superior intelligence of the intellectual Goths and the pissed off nerds, and the carefree insanity of the skateboarders, they will form an army of suicide skateboard bombers.

Yes, i for one certainly hope scumbags will die off.......

and alas I live in sligo, people think of it as a backwards hole (which, dont get me wrong, it is) but it also has and i'm convinced about this the largest amount of skangers in the country.
    luckily i live close enough to strandhill so my school is spilt 50:50 between skangers and surfers but ahh help me!

I've noted myself that in the eyes of the scanger populus, you're only a goth if you wear black clothes. The resultant being that on a day where I choose to wear, say, blue jeans instead of black, or say, a not black jumper over my t-shirt, I cross the divide from being a goth to, in fact, being a "rocker". Amazing how quickly and easily you can cross a divide, isn't it?

Incidentally, I don't claim to be either. I'm not really sure what a rocker IS, so I make no claims to being of the sort, and I know I'm not a goth, for 'tis BLATANTLY obvious to anyone with a halfway open mind to these things... I prefer to think of me as a geek (not nerd, subtle differences), but since that's more of a charactersitic and not a cultural subdivision, and since I've already said far too much and don't feel like typing anymore, I've no idea what I am.

Therefore I propose we start a NEW faction. A NEW underground culture. So who's with me?! Who wants to be a... er... a Twidgery Plank?! Go us! Huzzah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

despite wearing black and being very pale for the past ten years, i'm not a goth. i like rock, but i'm not a rocker. i'm a bit goth, a bit punk, a bit metal, a bit rock, a bit jazz, basically a bit everything except pop, dance, techno, rap and r&b, all rolled into one. i'm, well, me

Oh come now, we all need to be cubbied in convenient pidgeon holes...
    Can I interest you in being a Twidgery Plank/ So far, all our members (er, me) have an all-over-the-place taste in music, and a penchant for native and British comedic silliness... we're all tres cool, obviously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

well, it seems to suit my tastes, so, hell yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

Originally posted by WhereIsMyMind
    despite wearing black and being very pale for the past ten years, i'm not a goth.

you didnt wear black last year....

<< Fio >>

Advertisement