Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manics play Dublin..............

Options
  • 18-07-2002 8:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭

wait...........................i stand corrected............................

MMMMMMMMMAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCSSSSSSSSS PLAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY DDDDDDDDDDDUUUUUUUUUBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

~ahem~

http://www.nme.com/news/102408.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭pertinax

I hope my sister doesnt learn of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

ohhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! why would one choose to keep such wondeful news from ones own sibbling????????? the mind truely boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 valeria

yay yay yay yayayyayayayayyayayayay!!!!
    when/where??
    gold against the soul live..wow
    hey eyeliner boy are u coming on the pub crawl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭rapture_queen

ooooooooooooo this better be true!

their last gig was really good!

I would just like to add for the record that when ever i see u Eyeliner Boy-u are always drunk!!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

there's a guy i see atall the gigs who looks like he might be eyeliner boy but im not sure...big hair? short hair, but big hair??? i dunno

anyway, the conflict within me to go and see this band or not is very great....but i probably will go
    ill probably regret it, and i know this and yet will probably still go, for old times sake, ah well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ColmM

I'll be there as always but I was very disappointed with the Smithfield show last year. Saw them in Leeds last August and they were much better. My hopes will not be too high as this is a greatest hits tour which means crap like Tsanami.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

The Manics should see if The Stereophonics will let them play at Slane. Its all ****ing AOR anyway. Maybe James Dean Bradfield can do a duet with Kelly on "Handbags and Gladrags"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

deco you should have seen them in cardiff.....though cos you didn't i did!!

thye was jivey
    but when we saw them in reading they were nowhere near as good...was less perswonal in reading...so many more people around.

this must mean a new album in the pipeline then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

Originally posted by daveirl

Please tell me this is a wind up, The Manics are so far from AOR it's not funny :mad:

the last three albums were AOR (especially this is my truth, or whatever it was called), anything before them were certainly far from AOR. so you're both right. kind of. although i have a funny feeling they won't be playing much of their early stuff.

just for the record: i'm not one of those 'early' manics fans: i only really liked the holy bible, i never really got into the first two, and hated the second last two (and i never listened to the last one). i don't think i'll go to the gig, because it'll probably be €55. or something close to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i loved the manics when i was younger, in particular their b sides, are just great. their albums have a lot of great and ****e songs on them, except for the holy bible and this is my truth tell me yours, i think those two albums are just full of great songs. the last album was indeed ****e (bar so why so sad, that was a great song). but i havent really listened to them in a while and ive never found them to deliver the goods live. i aint seen them since the first slane though, and ive never been to one of their own gigs.
    ill probably go though if theres a good chunk of my mates going.
    where and when they playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ColmM

I loved Know Your Enemy. It was a massive improvement on This is my Truth....Their best album since Holy Bible. Smithfield was such a big disappointment because they didn't play too many songs from it and just played the greatest hits. Oh great let's listen to them play Australia again......
    They are at their best when they decide to say the hell with what the critics say and play our best stuff. I saw them at the Leeds Festival and they were excellent.
    I'm nervous about the Point Gig because it is a Greatest Hits Album that they are releasing at the same time. Not much chains of hearing Archive of Pain again so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

The cork opera house gig was great, v99 when they played masses against the classes for the 1st time was pretty good but the best i ever saw em was in the olympia in 96, one of the last times they did suicide is painless, i'm not sure if they started plauing it again since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

****ING HELL PEOPLE!!! I LEFT A LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO READ IT!!!! The Richey Edwards Tribute Band are playing the point on sunday, december 1st, with support from Ian Brown.

As for the pub crawl, yes, i shall be there, if you people can put up with me :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And as for always being drunk............emmm, well, i dont really know what to say! you go to a gig or a club, and there is a man offering you substances which will enhance the enjoyment factor of your night (or day :p ) out, and you gladly accept. in my case, i never know when to say no:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

HELL YEAH !

Advertisement