Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power supply

• 18-07-2002 9:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I was looking at the Antec 400W P4 Power Supply Unit at IT Direct .
    I was wondering is anyone using this , if they are could you tell me if it is loud as i want to sleep with me computer on and at the moment me power supply is the noisyest thing in me case.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I don't have an Antec but I bought a Enermax Whisper 450w from Komplett 2 weeks ago and it's living up to its name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

I have an ANTEC TruePower 330W on a PIII machine. It has an internal temp sensor and slows the fans down so that you just get enough cooling and yes its VERY quiet. I assume the higher wattage versions are just as quiet

Thare are other ANTEC models that may not be as quiet so make sure its got the TRUE version

http://www.antec-europe.com/pp_truehome.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Oh yeah - its also got dedicated fan power supply lines that contol your case fans too again keeping them as slow as possible to cut down on noise.....

Advertisement