Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

next year

Options
  • 18-07-2002 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

So, with the special olympics on next year, i heard there's only one seesion next year. So, who's gonna try and go?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

You can be damn sure I'll be there. It be that simple really. Although, I'll probably try and get my application in on time this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

christ I hope not :eek:

I re did my sats this year to see if I could raise my maths, but I brought it down 15!

that and I just did thesparks new iq test and scored 80, 20 below the average :confused:

and I'm talented youth apparently:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

I think I summed myself up in a pervious post:
    im almost definitely NOT coming back. I suffered WAY too much emotional trauma over the 3 weeks, and I left a complete wreck. Its becausse of that place im such a state.
    Ill only go back with a very good reason.

And there are certain people i dont want to run into again. I cant love anymore because of what happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

Originally posted by s0l
    that and I just did thesparks new iq test and scored 80, 20 below the average :confused:

and I'm talented youth apparently:rolleyes:

Ah but you see its a test made by Americans, for Americans. therefore only the stupid can actually score high.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭smiles

try the emode.com IQ test, it's actually good.

dukman? Try going a different session or a different year. You sound teen angsty. Post on Personal Issues, you're not unusual.

<< Fio >>

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Lil' Jesus

Hell Yeah, the course was the best fun so far in the summer (and i went to malta for 2 weeks, think about it), try an stop me!

But next time im, bein a freakin res, dagnammit :mad: , remind me that when y'all see me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ll=llannah

only one session next year?!?! s**t!!!!!!!!!! god, i hope i get a place!!!
    (ok, i'm done freaking out now!)

remember the "healthy athletes this way" sign? :p

we passed that going to the library, and Rory whent completely beserk. I mean COMPLETELY. Went on for ages about discrimination and equality.........

Btw, NEVER listen to Hoobastank-Running Away on a dwoner. IT'S A-HURTIN'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Dalamar

yeah, i'm going. i don't care too much that there's only one session.

oh, it's not that i care about the one session thing- i'm just worried that i won't get a spot. well, i have awhile to worry yet, right? haha.
    well, u've got to hand it to rory- it was a discriminatory sign. but, hey, we thought it was funny- we WERE all high on jolt and muffins and sleep deprived, am i wrong?

• Advertisement

lets see... i spent 180 euro on jolt. Round it up, 8.6 bottle a day. Muffins, when they were out, 5 a day. I got to sleep a 11:30 each day(mostly) and woke up at 6 each morning. i was fiine.(sleepwise. But caffeine doesnt affect me in any way, so no fryage)

btw, my SoBe beside me says hi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭s0l

Its when you name the Lizard on the bottle you should start to worry.

My ones name is Fred, named after that weapon of Mass Destruction in Blue Shift which you fed and then pulled the tail of to make it puke explosive projectiles

say hello to Fred for me
    i never got that obsessed, u win!

that was opposing force.
    And who said I didnt name it? He's called Bob.

Why does everyone hate Mountain Dew? I love it to bits!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Poochy

Well the new RES will probably be built so they'll have more people, I hope!! I dam well am going to try ro get in anyway.
    But you know Builders a absolute deadline to them is like a hypothetical recommended guideline!!

Se you all

Poochy!!

Yay! I have a lizard with the same name as me, or was he named after me? Now that right there is an orgasm in a can. And Mt. Dew rocks you sonsabitches.

Secondly, whoever put the healthy athletes sign this way up ... whilst comic genius, is a tad asshole-ish. I still would've laughed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

The problem for me is that I'm six days too old to come back next year but they said I could go on a waiting list and if there were places left I was in. This spells complete doom for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Green Hand Guy, when you say you'll be 6 days too old do you mean you'll be 17 6 days before the start or 6 days before the end? In 01, i was 17 a week after the start and I still got in. Keep your fingers crossed though.

BTW, I can explain the healthy athletes this way sign. 'Healthy Athletes' is a programme run by the Special Olympics peeps to offer SO athletes free medical care while they're competing. Signs like that just look funny though.

Oh right, then it would be **** funny. :)

I'll turn 17 a week or so into the first session the year after next, I'll still go though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Green Hand Guy

I turn 17 6 days before the start of it next year. Why couldn't I have stayed in just a week longer??!?!?!? I was already overdue 2 weeks. 3 wouldn't have been much different.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭qwidgybo

i'm *THERE*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Elvish

I'll go if i can. I'm young enough but i always get my stuff later than everyone else for some strange reason.........feckin' boggerland.

-Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

there's still two sessions next year

there's meant to be session one as normal
    then the special olympics
    then a session two in the middle of the summer

just thought i'd say it

and the new res is meant to be built by april, a 'deadline' *falls over and craps herself laughing* pushed forward from september or something. someone told me but i was angry so i wasn't listening
    that's means there could be lotsa more people and stuff

just thought i'd say it

i'm real tired right about now, i worked at a ****ING TILL JUST STANDING THERE BEING POLITE FOR ELEVEN GODDAM HOURS THEN BREAKING THE GODDAM TILL COS IT'S STUPID AND TOO HARD TO WORK yesterday, and then slept til 230 of the pm today.
    that's why this post is bland, cue stuff like 'all your posts are bland tcha* and so on. i don't know any of you. except kinda garog, and i remember you had some sort of nasty break up, but i believe you got over it in about eight hours. am i wrong? who the hell is everyone else and why did all the people i know stop posting before i even joined, cue the 'cos they heard you were joining'

Hmm, I know you ... sorta. I knew most of your class anyway, dunno how you slipped through the net but just count yourself lucky. Anyway, we're all friendly here. Some more than others, especially that Sven one ... he's very friendly. :) Anyway, you don't know me but I'm Bob. Yay! :) And what new res is this of which I hear so much?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

yeah, see i only vguely remember you, cos you shook a bra out of a window, and you were always visiting sarah and rioghnach in our classroom, and they called you bob and were always saying how cool you were. i think. cool can sound a lot like fool, and ****. and other things.
    someone post pictures of people i know. or is that not possible on this thing?

Yeah, bra waving ... that was me. I can't remember you at all dammit, must see pictures dammit.

i don't know any of you. except kinda garog, and i remember you had some sort of nasty break up, but i believe you got over it in about eight hours.
    Exueeze me, but I only got over it last week.
    I feel the fitting home
    Reside in darkness, for I will most won't go
    Adrift, I curse this gift
    And hope you never know

-Jerry Cantrell

Advertisement